Thursday, August 11, 2011

Writing Toward October

Sitting on the steps of the Lincoln Memorial. The gazing pool is
undergoing construction - boo hoo. Aug.4.2011
Ack. Just slowed an avalanche in order to blog. Yes, my desk is cluttered. It wasn't like that when I left for the voyage north. I thoroughly cleaned my office the night before we took off. I dusted, swept, mopped. Everything. I've been home only a few days and it's all messy again. I'm not going to look at the reason behind that too closely, thank you very much. But I do have to clean in here today. No doubt about it. There's barely a square inch of desk space to work on, and every time move the mouse Windows goes transparent. So annoying. Some days I really miss my old, ratty laptop - small, and no mouse necessary.

Anyway, I'm back to writing today. I have to get back in the daily habit. Starting next week I'll hopefully have more time to focus on this project and get it kicked out the door. It's been lingering around far too long, and even though these characters won't leave me alone, I'm already itching to work on something else.

I'm making a rough goal of October 30th to get this thing out of here. Anyone else starting/working on a project who would like to share word counts for accountability between now and October 30th, leave a comment. We'll keep each other motivated.

Now for the interesting links of the day...

NPR has posted a printable list of Top 100 Science Fiction/Fantasy books. I don't agree with quite a few of these, but it is what it is. A list.

Tonight at 9pm EST on Twitter, there's going to be a #bookcountry chat about the chemistry between characters. Special guests will be @TheKarenHawkins and @SmartBitches  To follow all the posts, which tend to move very fast, type #bookcountry (with the hashtag) into the search box on twitter. I've also linked to the search result page which will magically update itself.

Publisher's Weekly posted an article about digital textbooks. With iterations. It would really excite me if digital text books means lowering the cost of books for students.

Books-A-Million is hiring, and encouraging former Borders employees to apply. For what it's worth, I ♥ Books-A-Million.

Ooh! One more...this one is very cool. Isobel Carr has a how-to article for making book pins over at History Hoydens.

That's all I've got for now. I'm about to turn off the net and get back to writing. I hope your day is a good one, and if it turns out it isn't - keep your chin up - tomorrow's Friday! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, hi! Comments are appreciated, and I will reciprocate as soon as I can. Friendly conversation is always welcome. Trolls will be set on fire and tossed into the bog of eternal stench. Have a happy day! ~.^