Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Tuesday Night Writing Team


The kippy cat is sitting in my writing room with me tonight. He's really not fond of my sticky notes pad for some reason, and every time I try to write on it, he nips at it. If I don't watch him closely, he'll throw it off my desk. Le sigh. I need my sticky pad. I'm ironing out my basic plot points tonight, and I've been using the stickies to cluster ideas. When I finally pick out the six major plot points, I'll jot them down on note cards and pin them to my cork board so I can start clustering scenes around them.

I'm going to try to have the rough outline and all character sketches completed by Saturday. I'm only lacking one character sketch, I think. Oh, and I decided to interview one of my characters that seems stand offish. One I can't seem to know very well, although he's necessary to the story. So that's another item for the to-do list.

A short post, this one. I know. Mostly I've been cleaning out closets today, and bagging clothes to take to my mom. She's doing a neighborhood drive and will be hauling everything over to the Rolling Hills charity shop this weekend, so today I spent a good chunk of the day away from the computer, sorting, etc. And then Oldest's recruiter came over with paperwork to go through - not for me, though. It's all on Oldest now.

If I'm going to be in bed by midnight, I better get this plotting stuff wrapped up. Ho hum. Tomorrow's a new day. Until then, happy dreams!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, hi! Comments are appreciated, and I will reciprocate as soon as I can. Friendly conversation is always welcome. Trolls will be set on fire and tossed into the bog of eternal stench. Have a happy day! ~.^