Tuesday, August 09, 2011

Never Ending To Do List

Taken with my cell phone, Aug.4.2011

Whew! I had to check the calendar this morning to see if Monday had somehow rolled around again. It's been crazy since we made it back home. Yesterday we took Mini to Chuck E. Cheese in Monroe, I bought the last of his school uniforms at Gymboree in Pecanland Mall, and hubby made arrangements to go to Lafayette on Thursday to take the mandatory drug test for his new job, which he's starting on Friday. The drug test itself is a non-issue, but that's about a three hour drive, so the poor guy is gonna be right back in the car and hitting the road before the week is out. 

Also, this morning...a barrage of calls. Sometimes we'd have more than one phone ringing at a time. We're trying to take care of FIL's final business, but they are giving us issue with the death certificate. We can't get FIL's services cut off until we have it though, and these companies will continue to bill the man as if he's still a living, paying customer. 

During all this, we got a call from my dad. He was on his way home from work and his truck broke down west of Shreveport. I asked hubby if I should go pick him up, but dad decided he can fix the truck right there...if he has the proper part for the job. So, hubby had to make a dash to Autozone then hit the interstate to go take the part to him. 

We still haven't even unpacked our bags yet here at home. We have boxes of FIL's things to sort through, and I haven't had a chance to sort through the bills from last week and go pay them yet. Oh, and I have one blood pressure pill left, so I have to get to the pharmacy this afternoon. With the insanity going on here at the moment, I'd probably keel over from stress if I didn't have them, so that's at the top of my list right now. 

I had hope to settle in and go over the Shivers story I was working on before we up and left for D.C., but I probably won't be able to get back to that until next week. There's simply too much going on right now, and my current fear is that we might have to make a drive down south to get a copy of hubby's birth certificate. Do. Not. Want. For the love of all that is holy, I'm not ready to be back in the car again.

Oh, and the cherry on the cake...school starts next week. Ugh. Parent meetings. I'd rather go to the dentist than sit through all that. But, of course, I will because it's not about me, it's about Mini. 

Tomorrow I'll start trying to catch up on industry stuff I missed while away. Until then...the laundry awaits. 

3 comments:

  1. Just remember breath deep and count to ten when things get tough. And if that doesn't work just start beating people over the heads with a big stick.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hehehehehe! I've been telling the family for a long time I need a magical stick that will appear in my hand anything I need to bonk them on the head. ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't have a stick, but you can borrow my crystal wand. lol ((hugs)) Hope things settle down there so you can chill and get a breather. C.C.

    ReplyDelete

Hi, hi! Comments are appreciated, and I will reciprocate as soon as I can. Friendly conversation is always welcome. Trolls will be set on fire and tossed into the bog of eternal stench. Have a happy day! ~.^

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.