Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Mini and more Writerly Things

The internet connection kept playing out on me this morning, so I went back to bed and napped for a few hours. It's hard to rest well with all this crap going on with Mini, so I'm catching cat naps whenever I can. I'm glad I did early on because, since I've got to leave in a little bit to go pick him up. That will at least get him home an hour early, and that's an extra hour of peace for all of us.

After Mini's snack and homework I need to hit a one hour timed writing, and get some more words in for the day. Ideally, I'd like to be at 10k by the end of the week. Today, I've mostly been playing around with the key scenes in this book, seeing what I have and seeing what I need. Doing that keeps me from having to go back and beef up scenes later, or end up having to discard something entirely.

Anyway, gotta cut this post short because there's a storm creeping up outside. Yowzers, the wind is getting fierce, and those clouds are dark! I found some cool writerly things online for those who might be interested...

The Writer's Craft has a page with some very nice character and scene sheets. I like these a lot. http://www.the-writers-craft.com/creative-writing-worksheets.html

Also, Joanna Penn has an awesome post up on how to write a scene. (video and text) http://www.thecreativepenn.com/2011/08/17/how-i-write-a-scene/ By the way, if you're not following Joanna, you're missing out! She posts wonderful craft information. She's also on twitter and facebook.

That's it for now. The power's flickering. Happy wishes to all!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, hi! Comments are appreciated, and I will reciprocate as soon as I can. Friendly conversation is always welcome. Trolls will be set on fire and tossed into the bog of eternal stench. Have a happy day! ~.^