Monday, August 01, 2011

A Leave of Absence

Hubby's dad passed away this morning. I can only imagine how hubby must be feeling. I don't think it's sunk in yet. Right now, I'm numb and anxious. We're all jumping and bustling, trying to figure out the next step. Hubby's on his way home from work, and once he's here, we'll probably go over the finer details and book our flights out to D.C.. All things considered, it's safe to say I'll be away from the computer for a few days. 


To keep you busy (like you really need that, right?), and to hold down the fort while I'm away, I'm linking to a couple of interesting articles about writing you might want to check out. (Some of these may require free registration.)


Light and love,
Cora


  • Writers Helping Writers, by Meg Leder This is a list of writing craft books recommended by a Penguin editor. Hm. I see one or two in there I may need to add to my growing collection. 

4 comments:

  1. My condolences to you husband and your family, Cora. Have a safe trip.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so sorry for the loss of your Father-in -law. Safe travels!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ((hugs)) Take care girl. If you or your hubb need anything, you know where I am. Blessed be!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm sorry for your loss, Cora, may the goddess give you solace in knowing that all those who have gone before us will
    be there to greet your father in law and to make him feel welcome. I know that he misses you, but I also know that he wants you to continue on, upon this path that you walk, never forgetting him in your heart and mind... continuing, as only you can,
    until the day that when you can be reunited in spirit.

    I lost my mom last month and and my mother in law two months before that and took some time off just to get myself together. If you ever want to talk I am here.

    ReplyDelete

Hi, hi! Comments are appreciated, and I will reciprocate as soon as I can. Friendly conversation is always welcome. Trolls will be set on fire and tossed into the bog of eternal stench. Have a happy day! ~.^