Monday, August 08, 2011

Home Again

Taken with my cell phone August 4th, 2011, while walking the National Mall in
Washington, D.C.

I'm so glad to be back home! Hubby and I pulled into the driveway around 6:30 Sunday evening. I think we left Virginia, where we spent the night, around 5:30 in the morning. Yep, that was quite a little haul across the country. Today we're returning the rental car, and taking Mini and Oldest to Chuck E. Cheese. I've also got to buy Mini's uniform pants while we're near the mall. When I drove past the sign at the school, I noticed it starts either the 10th or the 15th. If we're back home in time, I need to call around and find out which day is for Mini.

Anyway, the memorial for father-in-law went well. It was simple, but nice. Friends and family were present, and we had no trouble booking the chapel. We were told that for a lot of the people living at the AFRH, no family comes at all. Usually, instead of memorial services, they simply mention those who have passed away during Sunday services. I think hubby took some comfort from being there to say goodbye.

Now to wrap up all the loose ends, and get the house settled again. School is coming up, hubby is starting a new job on Thursday, and I'm so far behind on everything I might as well say I'm starting over. It will probably take another two weeks to get our heads together.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, hi! Comments are appreciated, and I will reciprocate as soon as I can. Friendly conversation is always welcome. Trolls will be set on fire and tossed into the bog of eternal stench. Have a happy day! ~.^

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.