Friday, August 12, 2011

Post Friday Night Gab Fest


RIP Jani Lane! :*(

I had to pay a cringe worthy stack of bills today, and thankfully, that's now out of the way. It's so blazing hot out, I hate to leave the house and stand in corporate air conditioning for even two minutes. I bask in it while I'm there, then get back home and can't seem to keep cool. It doesn't help that I'm prone to hot flashes. If I could soak myself in a tub of ice I'd do it. Instead, I bought an extra box fan for the dining room, and I'm seriously thinking about buying a standing  air conditioner for my office. 

I have plans to put up new curtains in the hallway and bedroom this weekend to help beat the heat, and I'm going to buy two new ceiling fans for back there too. I figure if I buy them and set the boxes on the bed, hubby will have no choice but to install them.

I'll be working on the wip this weekend. If anyone wants to share word counts to stay motivated, feel free to add them in the comments. Yesterday my total was a little over 2k. Now that the house is settling down for the evening, I'm going to hit a few writing sprints. My goal is to get back on track writing 1k daily. That seems to work for me, without going overboard and burning out.

Speaking of writerly things...someone on twitter posted this link to an awesome article: Dummies guide to publishing an ebook on Amazon Kindle, Barnes & Noble and Smashwords.  Cool beans. I hope to have a few new stories to add to Kindle this fall. *thumbs up*

That's it for now. Mini has gone quiet in the den, so I better go check on him. Happy weekend, everyone!

2 comments:

  1. I haven't done any writing for the whole summer. "Mom!" has been yelled anytime I've tried to brainstorm an idea. Before I am able to write it down, my mind has gone blank, and I've totally forgotten what I thought of. After a month into the summer vacation I got tried of the frustration of trying to write and not being able to. So, I have given up and am waiting til the horde goes back to school. I'm amazed at how you have your kids, husband, house, and writing all whipped into shape. You are my hero!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw, gee... I wish you could see the craziness that goes on here. I just have to deal with everything when and where it lands. And isn't that the case with anybody? It's hard to write with the kids home. Plain and simple.

    This year, though...for me personally, it has been the worst summer that I can remember. August is never an easy month for me, but oy, man, I'll be super glad when this one is over.

    ReplyDelete

Hi, hi! Comments are appreciated, and I will reciprocate as soon as I can. Friendly conversation is always welcome. Trolls will be set on fire and tossed into the bog of eternal stench. Have a happy day! ~.^