Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Feeling Sniffly and Free E-Books

Adding a late post, for what it's worth. I haven't felt good for much of the day - allergies are seriously kicking my tail, but I wanted to come in and mention that Writer's Digest is giving away several free books from Aug. 16th to the 22nd.

One of those books is The Portable MFA in Creative Writing, which is the first book out of the lot that I downloaded. To look at all the titles that are available go here: http://www.writersdigest.com/back-to-school-sale

By the way, these downloads are hosted through Amazon, and Barnes and Noble - so the downloading is pretty much worry and trouble free.

Today I mostly lounged around the house and napped. It is amazing the amount of questionable gunk the human head can hold. I have blown my nose until it is raw and red, and still I'm sniffly and runny nosed. I sneezed so many times in a row when I first got out of bed I nearly fainted. Sparkly dots in front of the eyes and everything. I couldn't catch my breath. Then 3,2,1...I was off and sneezing again.

I bundled up in Mini's Snoopy blanket and lounged around watching the National Geographic Channel until about noon, then I took an allergy pill which left me completely snockered. Mini came home around 3:30 and wanted to play Tiki Topple, but I had to confess I wasn't feeling well enough to sit at the dining room table to play. He hung out with me, taking care of me as it were, until his daddy made it home. The rest of the evening has been a total blur. Right now, I'm hyped up on Diet Dr. Pepper and Afrin, and doing laundry.

That said, I'm going to try to get a few words written before bed time. I've been turning in early since school started - around 11pm/12am. This is really early for me, but now I'm getting up at 6 and cooking breakfast and getting Mini on the bus, so I need my extra Z's. Too, I don't think I'm accomplishing any more or less than usual, turning in early, so I guess that's telling in and of itself. I'm going to stick with this schedule for a while and see what happens. That's all for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, hi! Comments are appreciated, and I will reciprocate as soon as I can. Friendly conversation is always welcome. Trolls will be set on fire and tossed into the bog of eternal stench. Have a happy day! ~.^

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.