Saturday, August 27, 2011

Birthday Weekend & Writerly Links


Tomorrow is my birthday, and Oldest's is Monday. Every year it's a back to back cake and ice cream bonanza! Okay, not really. I'm just kidding. We've done that before but now that Oldest is, well, older, we've simplified things. We share our birthdays now, and to celebrate this go around, we're heading to my mom's to have cake and ice cream and just visit for a while.

Hubby asked what I want for my birthday, and well...I have everything I could possibly want. A card is fine. Or scented candles. I'm not picky. Just show up for the cake.

He asked what to pick up for Oldest, also, and I told him I have no idea what the get the boy. His taste in stuff is pretty far out there in comparison to what our little town has to offer, so I'll probably take him to the mall tonight and let him pick out what he wants. A birthday shopping trip. Hey, that sounds kind of exciting, now that I think about it. Heh. If it's not too late when I leave Mom's, we'll probably do that this afternoon.

Oh, I came across some interesting links I'll post at the bottom of this...post. Okay, a lousy sentence, but you'll have to forgive me. My brain stopped function when I typed the word "cake" a few paragraphs up.

I added a new link to my sidebar on the right side of the page - in the section for writers. Be sure to check out The Write Lawyer. He's doing a column at Pitch University where he takes publishing contracts and explains them. The first contract he's analyzing for contract illiterates like myself: Sourcebooks. This is a must read column, folks. There's no registration required to read the articles, so be sure to drop by and check it out.

Another great article is up over at Fantasy Faction about beefing up the middle of your book. Good stuff!

That's all for now. It's after 11, so I better find something to wear to Mom's. Why, yes, I am still in my pajamas. How did you guess? ^_^ Happy Saturday, everyone!

2 comments:

  1. Hope your son had a great birthday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy birthday, girl! ((hugs)) Happy birthday to Oldest too! Enjoy the cake and ice cream! C.C.

    ReplyDelete

Hi, hi! Comments are appreciated, and I will reciprocate as soon as I can. Friendly conversation is always welcome. Trolls will be set on fire and tossed into the bog of eternal stench. Have a happy day! ~.^