Thursday, July 28, 2011

Writing Projects and Publishing Stuff

It's been a chore to focus today. It's so hot outside it's uncomfortable, and it makes it difficult to keep the house cooled down. I lounged on the couch with Mini for a while and read on the Kindle earlier, but I had to move to a room with more air flow. Okay, more like, a room where I could turn a fan directly on my face. Hot flashes and summertime do not mix.

Despite it all, I managed to get a few pages in on one of the erotic fairy tale-ish fantasy stories I'll be bundling into an collection for Kindle release this fall. At The Edge of Twilight (formerly published in an anthology at Freya's Bower), will be re-edited and set up as the main story. All the other stories in the collection will be erotic/fantasy based, some with romantic elements, some without. I had intended it to be 7 short stories, but I think I may go with 4 or 5 novellas instead. We'll see. I still have the werewolf erotic story to write for it, and I need to clean up another one that's finished, but I haven't yet gone back to edit yet.

I've been tinkering with the butterfly story today, and if the universe is kind, I hope to finish this one over the weekend, and put it aside for editing.

I still have the Shivers story for EC to finish, too. For whatever reason, it's easier for me to work on that one at night, when the house is quiet and I don't have people wandering in and out of my office. Maybe it's because of the darker atmosphere. I have no idea.

On to other things...

For those of you looking to keep tabs on the new Samhain Horror line, they've announced their line up for the October launch here: http://www.samhainpublishing.com/2011/07/samhain-horror-announces-october-launch-lineup/  


And on a completely different topic, I read a very interesting article at Taleist called Self-Publishers Need to Start Minding Their Manners. A very good post, regardless of how you're published. I highly recommend it.

Also, last night there was a very good YA writing chat on twitter. To find the posts, go to twitter and do a search for #yalitchat . Be sure to include the hashtag. There were authors and publishing industry folk talking about YA, what they like, what they don't, and more.

Wow, okay...it's already 4pm. I better go before Oldest runs out of patience. I told him about three hours ago we were heading to the store. Heh. He should know me by now, right? Right?  

Oh, one more thing! Don't forget to add me on Twitter, and Facebook. If you're a writer, and you mention it in your profile paragraph on either site, I automatically follow/friend back! That's it for now. I hope you all have a snazzy Thursday. ;o)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, hi! Comments are appreciated, and I will reciprocate as soon as I can. Friendly conversation is always welcome. Trolls will be set on fire and tossed into the bog of eternal stench. Have a happy day! ~.^

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.