Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Horror Line Coming to Samhain

ARG. I feel yukky. Too little sleep. Too much caffeine. Yeah, yeah...story of my life. It's not stopping me from working on my erotic horror story so I guess I shouldn't complain. The story is coming along, finding its way. I'm doing the research for my settings and going over my themes, characters, plot, plot points...basically doing a run down of every "story prep" sheet I have in the new book file on my desktop. I need a new story binder to hold all these loose pages, but every time I make my way to the store I seem to forget that one little thing - the darn binder.

Anyway, I dropped by Cindi Myer's Market News and saw that she has the Samhain Publishing spotlight from this year's RWA conference up on her blog. I'm thrilled to see Samhain will be opening a horror line come October of this year. I'm going to take a wild guess here... I imagine Don D'Auria, former editor at Dorchester/Leisure (who is now part of  the Samhain editorial staff), will likely be over this horror line. Exciting stuff! I have no idea if he's already taking submissions, so I'll be looking for more news on that.

I've also started reading The Fire in Fiction, by Donald Maass. So far, this book is way better than the Writing the Breakout Novel. Within the first few pages, I've jotted all these little notes on my wip. Good stuff. I'll be sure to post more about the book once I've made it to the back cover. That's all for now. Happy dreams!

3 comments:

  1. This is great news for you about Samhain! Very interesting, too; I haven't read a horror novel in a long, long time. The Fire in Fiction is superb. I'm currently reading Les Edgerton's "Finding Your Voice," and it's incredible. SO well written and informative. I just know after I'm finished, I'll have to read it all over again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm very excited to see a veteran horror editor back to work at a growing publishing house. I gotta admit, I was devastated when the dust up with Dorchester started. I've been reading their horror titles for as far back as I can remember. I'm thrilled to see some of the larger name e-publishers picking up the genre. I hope e-book will revive the horror market.

    Oh! I'm getting a lot more out of The Fire in Fiction than the first book. The first chapter in Fire in Fiction was an eye opener. Very good stuff. I haven't read Finding Your Voice yet, so I'll have to add that to my TBR stack. I think I have only one book on Voice, and it wasn't a very good one. It wasn't "clear". Will have to look up the Les Edgerton!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was also very excited to hear this news! Wooyaw!

    ReplyDelete

Hi, hi! Comments are appreciated, and I will reciprocate as soon as I can. Friendly conversation is always welcome. Trolls will be set on fire and tossed into the bog of eternal stench. Have a happy day! ~.^

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.