Friday, July 08, 2011

Books and Pancakes

I've been lingering around the house most of today, listening for the phone. Hubby has called twice from Charlotte, and tells me his flight has been delayed because of storms. Poor guy. He's already stressed to the max, and I'm sure flight delays aren't helping him one bit.

I paid the bills earlier, and I have both boys home. Thankfully they've stayed in their respective corners. Mini and I made pancakes and played some Angry Birds, then I chatted on the phone with Mom for a while. I think Oldest is on Guild Wars or something. I've been surfing the net, and whittling away at my TBR stack. I'm almost finished with The Art of War For Writers, by James Scott Bell. I'm also picking my way through a Harlequin American by author - Hm. I thought I had the book right here beside me.

I planned to post the title and author, but the book is buried somewhere under the clutter on my desk. Or maybe it's on my printer. Okay, maybe not. Well, foo. After looking around, I have no idea where I put that book. Yes, I'm one of those crazy people walking around the house reading, stubbing toes on the furniture and all that, but whatev. If I wasn't a missing book, it would probably be my flip flops or my glasses, so we won't count this as a legitimate incident.  I'll justhave to add the title and author when I find the book again.

Moving along... Tomorrow I have to go buy groceries and put some gas in my car. I'm running on fumes, and there's nothing left in the pantry but pet food and a couple o' box of macaroni and cheese. Yay. I'm very sad to be missing my local chapter (RWA) meeting this weekend, but it can't be helped. I'm going to miss seeing everyone. Boo. I guess I'll have to find something else writerly to do to fill my time. At any rate, that's all for now. I hope you all have happy weekend!





No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, hi! Comments are appreciated, and I will reciprocate as soon as I can. Friendly conversation is always welcome. Trolls will be set on fire and tossed into the bog of eternal stench. Have a happy day! ~.^