Thursday, June 02, 2011

Unleash the Crazy

So I've had this boxed Acer Aspire sitting in my office since Mother's Day. It was my gift from hubby...also my tax return gift from Uncle Sam, if you care to go that route. I didn't want to touch it until I finished Wicked Obsession and got it sent off to the publisher. Well, it's been a few days since I did that, so I finally decided to open it around 11pm last night.

OMFG!!!! Why didn't I just go outside and beat myself in the head with a 2x4 a few times? It would have been more productive and less painful. The system was a breeze to set up. It turns on fine. The catch?  The S.O.B will not recognize my wireless network. I have tried everything under the sun to get this *a million awful curse words* thing to connect to the bloody internet. I've begged. I've pleaded. I've called on Jesus. It. Won't. Connect. It refuses. It gives me the stink eye from across the room. It has closed off the portal to frakkin Narnia, people. Someone call the men in white coats before I start snapping all the crayons!

After fighting with this beotch until almost 2 in the morning, I had this grand epiphany to bring my laptop in here and hook it up along side the Acer. Well, the Acer has turned its sniveldy nose up at the Moo (my ancient Gateway lappy). Now I'm truly ready to run screaming into the wilderness.

To take a break from the insanity, I decided not to break out the voodoo doll - yet. Instead, I decided it would be a good idea to check my email. The good news is, I heard from my publisher. I now have a release date for the vampire novel. The scary part is that release day is soon...oh man...so very soon. This month. And that brings me to my next bout of panic and paranoia because I don't have the new computer running yet!

So, after all the fighting and hair pulling I've done tonight, I had to get in here, rearrange things, and set up the Moo as my primary computer again so I'll be ready to take on all the last minute jazz to do with the vamp novel. Whew!

It'll probably be expensive, but I think I'm going to have to call the DSL people to come out and set everything up for me. I've gotta get it working, and it looks like I'm not going to be able to spare the time or the brain power. I have the vamps on my plate now, and I still have that workshop coming up next week to prepare for.  *_*

Update: Woot! I bought a new network wireless adapter, installed it, and my new Acer is tooling around the net with no problems. Yay. Now I can rest.

2 comments:

  1. For my birthday last year hubby got me an Acer notebook. It took me a whole day to get it to connect to my wireless network. By the end of that day I was so ready to throw the damn thing against the wall. I know that I ended up deleting any sign of internet on the notebook and then going back in and loading everything back up at least 3 times. I believe the only reason that it started working is that I wore it down and it gave up. But, now that it is working and I've had it for some time now I LOVE IT! LOVE IT! And wouldn't know what to do without. Good Luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh...so it sounds like this is a pretty common thing. (Although this Acer is a desktop.)

    ReplyDelete

Hi, hi! Comments are appreciated, and I will reciprocate as soon as I can. Friendly conversation is always welcome. Trolls will be set on fire and tossed into the bog of eternal stench. Have a happy day! ~.^