Thursday, June 30, 2011

Notes And More Notes

The new plot is coming together. I've been working on it for the past few days, and I'm finally able to pinpoint the overall story goal for the protagonist. I'm now building up the opposition, and ironing out the character's values and ambitions. Tomorrow I'll probably start filling in GMC charts for the main characters. Oh, and on top of this, I have a working title. For blogging purposes, I'll call it "DD". Exciting, no?

If you missed the RWA National conference Harlequin spotlight, I've retweeted all the juicy bits here: http://twitter.com/#!/corazane 

If you scroll down past the Harlequin spotlight retweets, you'll find a bunch of info from the Carina Press spotlight, and a few things from Avon. Be sure to check that out.

Today, over at Romance Divas Ellora's Cave editors Jillian Bell and Carrie Jackson are taking pitches. You must be registered at Romance Divas to use the forum. (I have no idea if the registration is currently open.) If you're a member, you can go directly to the Not Going to Conference Conference thread by clicking here: http://forums.romancedivas.com/index.php?showforum=110 . 


In the same area of the Romance Diva's forum, editor Rhonda Penders is talking about what The Wild Rose Press is looking for by way of submissions. I believe she is also taking questions. If you've been interested in writing for TWRP, this is a good opportunity to get a feel for the company.

All Romance E-books is currently hosting a Just One Bite story contest. The rules, submission guidelines, and the prizes up for grabs are listed here: http://www.allromanceebooks.com/submissions_justonebite.html  This is a really good way to get your name out there, so if you're looking to get published, I'd give it a go!

That's all I've got for now. I better do what I said I was gonna do twenty minutes ago - haul Oldest over to the Wolf Stop to get gas for the lawnmower. Ah, the joys of summer.  Later, everyone! ^_^

2 comments:

  1. Thank you Cora for the tweets, I had missed this years RWA, so very kind of you to keep us updated. btw, why the title 'DD'? if I may ask..

    ReplyDelete
  2. DD is the initials of the title. It's simply easier to type that way - especially if I end up typing it dozens of times over the next few weeks. :)

    Glad you were able to follow some of the RWA highlights through the retweets.

    ReplyDelete

Hi, hi! Comments are appreciated, and I will reciprocate as soon as I can. Friendly conversation is always welcome. Trolls will be set on fire and tossed into the bog of eternal stench. Have a happy day! ~.^