Wednesday, June 08, 2011

A Little Bit Closer

I have one more round to go on my edits and I'll be finished with Wicked Obsession. My editor has been a real peach, and I appreciate her time and patience. She's made this a truly painless experience. It's always a plus when you work on a project with someone who is on the same page as you are, and you simply mesh well. I really can't brag on her enough. We've worked very well together, and on a very tight deadline (less than a month!) to boot.

I'm brainstorming the horror erotica I wanted to do earlier in the year, but got too wrapped up in other things. Once the workshop is over this weekend, I'll be back to drafting. I'm going to do the First Draft in 30 Days method again, since it seemed to work well for me this last time. It helped me put together Wicked Obsession on a very tight time frame. If I can do it without making myself crazy, I'd like to complete another full novel this year, and possibly a novella or short story. We'll see.

I'd hoped to enter this year's Brava contest as well, but they've decided not to allow epublished authors to enter, so that's out for me. If you're unpublished, the Brava contest is a fantastic opportunity to get your work in front of some good people. You can find out more about it by clicking here. The deadline is August 15, 2011.

Tomorrow, Oldest is off to MEPs again and will be taking his ASVAB. He'll be gone for two days. I'm nervous for him, but at the same time I'm relieved I don't have to drive him to Arkansas. At this point, I don't know where I'd find the time to drive him even if I had to. Still, I wish one of us could've gone with him. After big boy is gone tomorrow, I have to run errands. Oh, and I have to buy a can opener before I drive myself bonkers. Ours fell apart on hubby a couple of nights ago, and I caught myself going into into the kitchen twice yesterday to make tuna fish, but alas...no can opener. On Thursday and Friday I'll  be concentrating on getting everything I need set for the Saturday workshops. I still need to get my swag together, and...oh, I better make sure I have enough ink to make printouts.

Once the workshops are over, I'm going to take a few days off to get my bearings again before the promo frenzy starts, and I have to kick off working on this new book. Whew! It's shaping up to be a busy summer!

3 comments:

  1. that toy in the pic, what the heck are those things called? My daughter has been bringing them home and she gave me one...They seem to be all the rage but I have no idea what they are called.

    Good luck with the books.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hehehehe, they're string dolls. I'll have to take a picture of the ones I have. I love 'em. You can get them for 50 cents out of a gumball machine. ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  3. String dolls..thanks. My daughter was at an arcade and her friends bought her 10 of them out of the bubble gum machine. They also have them at places like Chuck E Cheese and you can turn in your tickets for prizes..the kids love these things.

    ReplyDelete

Hi, hi! Comments are appreciated, and I will reciprocate as soon as I can. Friendly conversation is always welcome. Trolls will be set on fire and tossed into the bog of eternal stench. Have a happy day! ~.^

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.