Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Just a Little Bit Longer

So, here I am, back in the writing cave again. I started working on a new story for EC Monday morning, and ooh la la, I have such a huge crush on the hero. I suppose I should take that as a good sign, right? 

I hope to have the rough draft of this book written by the end of July, mid-August at the very latest, and written "right". In other words, I'm trying to work with this thing so it doesn't need a ton of revisions.

Also, my fantasy romance turned YA novel is currently in pieces, and I have this insane chart showing all the different variables and pinpoints where things must change to make this book suitable for the intended audience. I'm still reading and researching the genre while working, but mainly I want to make sure my GMC is in order. Because, yo, I only want to have to rewrite this book once.

So there it is, my summer plans. Now that Wicked Obsession is out of the way, those two books are on my hot list to write and shove out the door. Because there is this story growing that I really want to tell, and the characters are whispering to me every time, I start to work on something else. Yep. One of those stories. And I want to be free to work on it by fall. I guess we'll have to wait and see.

In the next few days, the look of my main website will be changing. I reworked it so that it'll be easier to update, and hopefully easier for my readers to find what they're looking for. Just for the sake of saying so, this blog won't be changing. Since Stars Will Cry is a personal blog and all that, I don't really mind if it doesn't match the site. The website has a built in blog over there, and I'll probably use it for topical things, writerly things, and probably publishing updates. It's sort of a have my cake and eat it to scenario. Something like that, anyway. This blog will be linked up through the new site, but only as an "additional" blog site.

And there you have it. The latest. Tomorrow I have a lot of stuff to work through, so I better call it a night. *waves*

4 comments:

  1. Sounds like you've got some great plans for summer, Cora! Hope to see you in a couple Saturdays. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Unless something happens with Hubby's dad, I should be there! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope it's as awesome as Wicked Obsession or even better :D Looking forward to it Cora!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aw, thanks bunches, Jeff! Good to see you, by the way. :)

    ReplyDelete

Hi, hi! Comments are appreciated, and I will reciprocate as soon as I can. Friendly conversation is always welcome. Trolls will be set on fire and tossed into the bog of eternal stench. Have a happy day! ~.^