Thursday, May 26, 2011

Vampires & Exhaustion

Yesterday was Mini's birthday. He turned the big 0-6. I baked a cake for him - fudge with fudge frosting, and his dad bought him this enormous Nerf gun to terrorize us all with. We didn't do a whole bunch of birthday stuff, just a general around the house Mini is King day (with ground rules).

His birthday party is on Saturday. We're taking him to Chuck E. Cheese to let him run and romp, and when it's over, I'm heading next door to Books a Million.

Speaking of books, I wrote THE END to the vampire story and sent it off to my publisher yesterday around noon. Woohoo! It ended up running close to 64,000 words, so it's a category length erotic paranormal novel. I'm so glad to have that thing out the door so I can start playing around with fresh ideas. To celebrate, I ate a piece of birthday cake, and bought a tube of NYX Snow White lipstick.

Now that I've got some downtime, I plan to whittle away at my TBR stack, finish a crochet project for my mom, and basically finish up all the little projects I started then put to the side. That should keep me busy for a while.

That's it for now. I need to go get Sassie's doggy bed out of the washer and set it out to dry.  Hang in there, everyone. Tomorrow's Friday! :*)

5 comments:

  1. Congrats! On getting that kicked out the door.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on the manuscript, Cora! That's wonderful! And of course on the birthday cake and lipstick. Now I'm dreaming of funfetti & ULTA for this Memorial Day weekend. Tee hee!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  4. ((hugs)) and congrats, girl.

    ReplyDelete

Hi, hi! Comments are appreciated, and I will reciprocate as soon as I can. Friendly conversation is always welcome. Trolls will be set on fire and tossed into the bog of eternal stench. Have a happy day! ~.^

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.