Sunday, May 29, 2011

The CEC Aftermath...and Books

Yesterday we took Mini to Chuck E. Cheese for his birthday party. We had chocolate cake and pizza,  did the crown ceremony, the picture with Chuck E, and the ticket blaster booth. It's safe to say he had a great time. We all pitched in toward the game playing and he ended up with 2000 tickets even. He traded them in for a power ranger's motorcycle toy. Overall, the party lasted a little over 2 hours, and I'd definitely do it again.

After the party, we went to the Books a Million a little further down the plaza. I bought On Horror Writing: A Handbook by The Horror Writers Association, Edited by Mort Castle, and Married with Zombies by Jesse Petersen. Oh, and I picked up Angelology by Danielle Trussoni. Once I've had a chance to read through them all, I'll add them to my goodreads account. Right now I'm reading The Replacements by Brenna Yovanoff. It's a YA horror that an agent recommended I read to get a feel for the genre.

As for my own work, I'm brainstorming for a new project. Once again I'm going to be doing the First Draft in 30 Days since it seemed to work pretty well the first go around. I'm hoping for similar success this time, although I probably won't start with any serious drafting until the summer writing workshop I'm doing with Keri is out of the way.

That's all I've got going on for now. I'm going to curl up on the couch with a book. I hope you all have a wonderful Memorial Day tomorrow.

2 comments:

  1. Anytime ya need a sounding board to knock ideas around, you know where I am. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Same thing to you! We'll knock the dragons out of the park! ^_^

    ReplyDelete

Hi, hi! Comments are appreciated, and I will reciprocate as soon as I can. Friendly conversation is always welcome. Trolls will be set on fire and tossed into the bog of eternal stench. Have a happy day! ~.^