Sunday, May 01, 2011

Bring out the Juniper

Happy May Day!  What a pretty one it is too. It's a little cloudy, but the sun has decided to make an appearance for us today. Very relieved about that. I'm tired of all this rain and dreary weather.

Last night, I dropped into Second Life to pay rents and met up with Cassie over at the Midnight Moon Cafe in Awen. She had quite a line going for tarot readings. I tell ya, her cards were on fire. Not literally, of course. But she made quite a few folks very happy. I sat down at the tea table on the back patio and took up some of the slack. I ended up turning a few cards for the folks who popped in and didn't want to wait. It was a fun, comfortable event.

May is always one of those busy months for me. Dad, Mom, and MiniBeast all have birthdays this month. My extension runs out on the 14th, and school lets out for summer break on the 19th. This week I'll be rearranging my office to make room for the new computer. That will probably take a day all by itself. I promised my mom I'd arrange a shopping adventure with her before Mini is out for summer, so I better pick a date and set that up, too. Oh, and let's not forget Ms. Sassie, who has an appointment with the vet.

As busy as it is, I'm glad to be here. I'm thrilled it's May. It's one of my favorite month's of the year. Even back when I was in school I loved the month of May. It's a time when we're heading toward summer and there always seems to be excitement on the horizon. Le sigh. :*)

As for writerly things, I'm still working on cleaning up Wicked Obsession. I made major headway Friday night, and that carried over into yesterday. For the first time in weeks, I could see the end of the tunnel. I cleared three scene piles off my to-be-edited stack, closed up two plot holes, and this morning I wrapped up the scene from hell. I'm now on chapter seven, and man, that feels like an accomplishment.

Right now I'm sorting through this chapter, marking stuff off the hardcopy that needs to be cut. I have two missing scenes to write, and a couple of sections I want to move to a later point in the book. Sounds like a mess, doesn't it? Whew! Anyway, that's that. *dusts hands*

I'm waiting for the new Harlequins to arrive at my local store. There is one in the May batch I want to pick up. It's by Sara Craven, but for the life of me, I can't remember the title of the book. Oh, I also heard that Vicki Lewis Thompson has contracted another 3 books in her Sons of Chance series for Blaze. I don't know when those are coming out, but I'll be looking for them. Right now I'm reading Long Slow Burn by Isabel Sharpe. I'll be posting about it over at goodreads once I've finished.

That's it for now. I want to go check out Mini on his new bike before I get back to work. For my friends who celebrate, have a blessed Beltane!

2 comments:

  1. Blessed Beltaine! I really enjoyed last night too and was so happy you were there to enjoy in the fun. Woot!
    ((hugs)) Have a bright and bountiful May, my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw, thanks, girl. It was great fun. I'll have to turn a few cards for you next time we have a few minutes to spare. You need a May reading!

    ReplyDelete

Hi, hi! Comments are appreciated, and I will reciprocate as soon as I can. Friendly conversation is always welcome. Trolls will be set on fire and tossed into the bog of eternal stench. Have a happy day! ~.^