Friday, April 29, 2011

Some Kind of Fine


I'm doing the Friday dance, never mind I have the stomach flu and I'm running a fever. The MiniBear has been such a sweetie all week, and hubby came home in a great mood. Oldest has even put off moping for one day so we can all chill in happiness. Count me in for the happy!

On the flip side, the vampires are being ornery. I just took one scene and chopped it into two parts to try and make it flow better. I'm putting the finishing layer on the first half of the scene tonight, and hope to send it off to Cassie by morning. After that, I've got to rework the second half, and turn it into an independent scene that starts off in a new location. I've learned a lot from this book, but not without taking a few hard knocks. Next time I have a story that runs this long, I think I'll be better prepared to deal with it. Whew!

So that's what's going on in terms of writerly bits. Tomorrow it'll be a day of writing, editing, hanging out with the family and what not and so forth. I also need to rearrange my room so I can go pick up my new computer...which will be a desktop this go around.

Speaking of computers, when I buy the new PC, I'm thinking about buying Dragon software. Have you ever tried it? What did you think?

That's it for now. I hope you have a wonderful weekend. :8) 

3 comments:

  1. I used Dragon when it first came out and then I used it again about a year ago. Once you train it, it works really well. My biggest problem with it was me...I don't train of thought really well.

    Back in my evil lawyer days I had a secretary tell me I wasn't allowed to dictate...now I know why. It works great though as long as you can say what you want to write.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hm...that's good to know. I'll definitely keep that in mind.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Meant to post too..flu? Yuck! Hope you feel better soon. That's the worst.

    ReplyDelete

Hi, hi! Comments are appreciated, and I will reciprocate as soon as I can. Friendly conversation is always welcome. Trolls will be set on fire and tossed into the bog of eternal stench. Have a happy day! ~.^

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.