Thursday, April 28, 2011

Patience, Prose, and Vampire Shoes

Writing marathon, here I come! I just figured out that Mini has no school tomorrow. They sent notes out last week, but I apparently read it wrong. Only kids going in for exit testing attend tomorrow. Mini doesn't  go in for testing until next week. So, that means I'll have a Friday morning of school routine reprieve.  *chicken dance*

So now, I'm a woman on a mission. There's one scene in my vampire book that's been kicking my tail, but tonight it's going down. Oh, yes. I'm breaking out the big guns, the garlic, and if all else fails...a sharpened stake right to the heart of the entire chapter. It if won't flow, it don't go. I don't have the time or patience to deal with ornery prose.

Speaking of vampires...consider me inspired. Look at these hot vampire shoes!  *_* I'm officially in love with the Luv N Lux pumps by T.U.K. They're a tribute to the late, great Lux Interior of The Cramps which only amplifies their awesomeness over 9000. I'd wear those sexy shoes with a pair of black skinny jeans and a disco-esque butterfly shirt. Maybe if I'm a good girl and I get this story patched and polished, the shoe fairy will leave a pair of these in my mailbox. We'll have to wait and see.

That's it for now. Supper is ready, and I'm off to go fix a plate of etouffee before the locusts (the guys) descend and it's all gone. Happy Thursday, everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, hi! Comments are appreciated, and I will reciprocate as soon as I can. Friendly conversation is always welcome. Trolls will be set on fire and tossed into the bog of eternal stench. Have a happy day! ~.^