Monday, April 11, 2011

Nu Monday and the Summer Dreaming Winner

Cute erasers I picked up over
the weekend. :3
Happy Monday, everyone! I hope you had a wonderful weekend.

It was tax weekend for the hubby and me. We were the only clients in the tax office, so there were three ladies working on my taxes instead of just "the one". When it was all said and done, she (who had been officially doing the paperwork) slapped her hands on the desk and said, "So, I've been dying to ask you...what do you write?"

I told her that I have a page on Amazon, and she looked at the co-manager of the office who was standing behind me. "I know I'm going to get in trouble for looking this up, but I can't help it. I've gotta know."

The woman in the next cubicle over said, "You won't be alone. I've already looked it up. She writes about werewolves. I've got her on my wishlist now for my Kindle."

You could've knocked me over with a feather.

When I left the tax office, the ladies were still shopping for my books, reading the blurbs and such. Hubby said I'm shameless...so then I started actually thinking about it. And he was right. I felt like such a roaring book hussy. Wait. Do book hussies roar? 

On an entirely different topic...my Summer Dreaming Giveaway has ended. Thank you so much for those of you who dropped by to leave a comment. I appreciate your support! With no further ado, the winner is...

Linda Kish

Congrats, Linda! Email me at corazane @ aol [dot] com with Summer Dreaming Winner in the subject line. Be sure to include your mailing address, and I'll get this stuff out to you asap.

I'll be running another book giveaway in the coming weeks, so keep checking back. Thanks again to everyone who participated! :o)

10 comments:

  1. LOL "book hussie"...I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL! ^_^ I need to put that on a sticker or something.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lol I think book hussies do roar, especially if they see red meat(readers!).

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats to the winner of your contest. Btw, I prefer bookpromoslut, but that's just me. lol. Book hussy fits fine too. lmao. And rawr all ya wanna. heehee. ((hugs))

    ReplyDelete
  5. Melisse, that's good to know. LOL! ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  6. RAwR, Cassie! Go ahead with your bookslutness! ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  7. Why, Cora, you little hussie! Haha! But I am so thrilled for you and your little tax office adventure. How exciting for two readers to look up your stuff right then and there. That's just awesome. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is so cool!It's gotta be exciting when you see others drooling over books you've written. ;)

    Congrats to the winner.

    ReplyDelete
  9. LOL, Alyssia! ^_^ I don't think I'll ever forget this particular tax day.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Mary, it was so funny. The ladies were a real hoot. :D

    ReplyDelete

Hi, hi! Comments are appreciated, and I will reciprocate as soon as I can. Friendly conversation is always welcome. Trolls will be set on fire and tossed into the bog of eternal stench. Have a happy day! ~.^

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.