Thursday, April 14, 2011

How Can We Touch With Our Hands Tied?


I'm roughly fifty pages into rewrites. So far so good. It's a bit slow going, but now that I've reached the first plot point, I feel like I'm actually getting somewhere with this thing.

Tonight I'm moving a big block of text and filling in two scene gaps that I caught on the read through. This should smooth over roughly six pages and push me into the next chapter.

Tomorrow it's more of the same: reading, editing, rewriting, and pretty much pulling this book together.

So what about the rest of you? What are you working on and how are your projects going?

2 comments:

  1. Well, I sent my goals to Karen Docter and she gave me the thumbs up! Yay! So I'm doing my "W" plot, and also working on a Hero's Journey for Collin. I've taken over the bedroom wall for my plotting - but it needs repainting anyway so no worries there.

    I was talking to the Goobs (my daughter) about Inferno by Larry Niven and Jerry Pournelle - which she just finished reading, and realized how brilliant that book is for plotting and character development, so I'm W plotting that.

    I'm also reading Pale Demon by Kim Harrison - which is actually surprisingly easy to W plot! I'm also going to see if I can do a Hero's journey with Rachel for that one.

    Oh, and then there's the Intermediate Accounting III homework. Yeah-I'll stick that in there somewhere in between the other stuff like work and taxes and whatever.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! I'm Phecba!
    I have a new blog and I'm trying to raise some awareness of it. I'd be honored if you would come and check it out

    ReplyDelete

Hi, hi! Comments are appreciated, and I will reciprocate as soon as I can. Friendly conversation is always welcome. Trolls will be set on fire and tossed into the bog of eternal stench. Have a happy day! ~.^