Wednesday, March 02, 2011

You Don't Say

funny pictures - What? Iz just gonna pet dem.

Interesting day, to say the least. I recently posted about my local store no longer carrying ink for my printer, right? Well, I made a dash to Office Depot today. I barely had enough money for gas, faced insane road construction, and when I made it to Ruston, I discovered Office Depot only carries remanufactured cartridges for my printer, and they were five dollars more than the Dell factory originals. WTF? I've been recycling my Dell 9 cartridges for over 2 years, and they're reselling them to me for more than I originally bought them for. Isn't that peachy?

So, it is official - my ink has gone the way of the dinosaur. I now have to start the search for a new do-it-all printer. I picked up one cartridge to get me through this book, but once it's gone... In a few days when my royalty check arrives, that's what I'm gonna have to do - pick out a new printer. This totally sucks. There is nothing wrong with Behemoth. She chugs out papers like nobody's business. It's sad I have to retire her.

After Office Depot, I walked down to Cato and picked up an outfit for conference. They were shuffling racks around, so I was pretty eager to get the heck out of there. I managed to pick up a pair of black trousers and a French-style embroidered top. I picked up a matching necklace, and I'll wear my O-ring kitten heels with it. I'll have to dig through my closet to see what else I can come up with. The main thing, I wanted something low maintenance and comfortable for setting up the bookstore that first day.

On to writerly things... so far so good with the First Draft in 30 Days system. I'm on day 16, I think. I'd have to pick up the book and check. I've been marking it as I go. I have to admit, it has helped me pull together what I think is going to be a very strong story structure-wise. So far, what I like best about it is the help it gives you in building plot sketches. I'd say, at this point, that alone is worth the price of the book. When everything is said and done, I'll give a full evaluation on it, and let y'all know what I think.

That's it for now. It's dark out, and I'm going to go do some Tai chi before I get too tired to hang with it. Happy Wednesday, everyone! :*)

2 comments:

  1. I am really interested in that book so let us know in the end how much it truly helped!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will! Once I'm finished, I'm probably going to dive straight into From First Draft to Finished Novel. That way I can see the full effect of what's going on.

    ReplyDelete

Hi, hi! Comments are appreciated, and I will reciprocate as soon as I can. Friendly conversation is always welcome. Trolls will be set on fire and tossed into the bog of eternal stench. Have a happy day! ~.^