Thursday, March 24, 2011

Summer Dreamin'

Bring on summer! Yes, ma'am, I can take the heat. Just throw the burgers and dogs on the grill, pass me a margarita, and I'll be just fine. I'm ready for Mini to be out of school for the summer, and to be able to sleep past 6:30 in the morning (although summer does not necessarily guarantee that will happen).

What else can I say? I'm just ready.
I do my best writing at night. The house is quiet, I know where everyone is, the days chores are done, and I can actually not think about what is going on in the world around me. I sent out a horror short last night, and once that was done, I settled in with the contracted project and added another thousand words. I should have this thing ready for a break down and self-edits by next week, and I'm already taking notes for the larger project that will be on my plate once I'm finished with the contracted project.

Oh my...who else has been following the news about self-pubbed wonder Amanda Hocking? She recently made a four book deal with St. Martin Press. Oh, and her self-published works have been optioned as a film? I know she writes YA, but that really doesn't have anything to do with this post. Her books are on my TBR list. All of them. Because she is apparently doing something a whole lotta right. We could all take lessons from her on building our readership.

Things are changing so fast in publishing, everyday I open my email digest from Galleycat and can't wait to see what else is new. I've been tracking the new NYT Bestsellers list for e-books. Haha, okay, so not so much tracking, but more or less skimming the list to look for names of people I know personally, or in passing. How exciting to see authors I've actually heard of making the NYT Bestsellers List!  Frikkin-A awesome! This feels like a revolution, y'all. It feels like walls are coming down.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, hi! Comments are appreciated, and I will reciprocate as soon as I can. Friendly conversation is always welcome. Trolls will be set on fire and tossed into the bog of eternal stench. Have a happy day! ~.^

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.