Saturday, March 26, 2011

Saturday Writerly Things


There! I finally fixed the sound on my Wicked Temptation trailer. Now I can stop obsessing over it every time I go to my website to check on things. I don't know what the deal was with the last video, but I tinkered with the sound on that bugger until I was ready to fall out. I ended up having to use another song, but it's all good. This one is actually music, not a heartbeat in the background. All in all, I think it looks pretty good for a first try, and it gets the point of the book across.

I also went to Amazon and set up my author page today. If you drop by to check it out, please click the "like" button. It takes a split second to do, and costs nothing. *thumbs up* Hopefully I can catch Oldest when he's not too busy and he can help me upload my book trailer there. I'd do it myself but Old Faithful (my laptop) is slowly petering out. Bless its gigabytes. It's been a good comp, but man...its getting kinda tired and sluggish. Until I can save enough for a new machine I have to enlist the big kid for help. :*)

About actual writerly things... I'm about 2 chapters away from finishing the draft for Wicked Obsession. I should have the book knocked out sometime tomorrow. Once it's finished, I'll be rereading Wicked Temptation to check canon, then I'll spend from now until the due date revising and rewriting. 

On Friday, I sent off dark fallen angel short. It's a horror/fantasy type story so it's not with one of usual publishers. It's something I had sitting on my hard drive that suited a "for the love" submissions call, and I'm hoping it'll get picked up since I've had good feedback from beta readers. We will see. 

So that's the current state of writing affairs. I'm kinda borderline sick with whatever Mini has been carrying around for the past week, and I felt so run down earlier all I wanted to do was sleep. I didn't get the chance for a nap, so I hope I'm not zonked out before I get started. I'm going to try coming online a little later to listen to Cassie's ghost presentation on SL, and afterward, I'll likely stay up late writing. I'm so close to the end of this book, it's about time to go a few rounds with Dr. Wicked to knock it out of the park and be done with it. We will see. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, hi! Comments are appreciated, and I will reciprocate as soon as I can. Friendly conversation is always welcome. Trolls will be set on fire and tossed into the bog of eternal stench. Have a happy day! ~.^

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.