Monday, March 21, 2011

Monday and Tote Bag Contest Winner

Happy Monday, everyone! So did you all check out the Super Moon on Saturday? Hubby and I stepped outside to take a look at it several times over the course of the night. Meh. It was pretty and bright, but honestly didn't look that much different than usual. On the other hand, this morning the moon was still visible, and that was pretty impressive. It looked huge. I pointed it out to Mini while he was waiting for the bus and he thought it was pretty cool. ;o)

At any rate, I hope you had a relaxing weekend. I spent most of it writing and entertaining guests. Basically, I've been banging my head on my keyboard, trying to finish the rough draft for my vampire book. I'm currently about 9k from my minimum required word count. If all goes well, I should be able to have the draft finished by Wednesday.

I have a busy day ahead, both writing-wise and other things. Right now I'm waiting for Oldest to get dressed and eat breakfast so I can make a dash to Office Depot. While I have a moment to myself, I figure this is a good time to draw for my Back From Conference Contest. What do you think? Now? Later? I'm just kidding. ;o)

Names were added to the hat as posted, and if you are also following me via Google Friend Connect, I put two slips in for you instead of one. Are you ready? Here goes!  The winner of the tote bag filled with goodies is....
SarahFay

Congrats, SarahFay! Please email me at corazane (at) aol (dot) com with Conference Contest in the subject line. Be sure to include your mailing address so I can ship your package to you.

A big thank you to everyone who entered! For those of you who might be interested, I'll be having a few more giveaways in the weeks to come. My book shelves need a serious culling. I can't bear to throw out good books, so I'll be giving them away here on the blog. Keep checking back.

That's it for now. I need to go light a fire under Oldest's backside so we can leave. I need to be back home by ten so I can do a few timed writings. I better gather my stuff for the post office while I'm at it. Hm...I sense a to-do list is about to born. Ah well, let the Monday madness begin!

5 comments:

  1. Congratulations to the winner.

    I can't ever bring myself to throw a book away either. I always either donate them to the library or give them away.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you. I'm so excited! I sent you an email. I can't bring myself to throw away a book either. If I don't want a book any longer I donate it to United Way. And there have been many times that I have "rescued" a book from there and other places.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is so cool SarahFay! Congrats!

    On the idea of timed writings...what are your thoughts on those Cora? I'm thinking of taking part in a few here in town and have to seriously juggle my schedule to make it work. Is it worth the effort? Your thoughts are worth a million :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats again, SarahFay! I did get your claim email, btw. I haven't had a chance to answer it yet, but I will get to it today. :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Linnea, I am a firm believer in timed writings.

    If you don't have anyone you can timed write with, you can go to http://writeordie.com/ and use Dr. Wicked's free writing lab.

    I bought and downloaded the desktop version, and I love it.

    ReplyDelete

Hi, hi! Comments are appreciated, and I will reciprocate as soon as I can. Friendly conversation is always welcome. Trolls will be set on fire and tossed into the bog of eternal stench. Have a happy day! ~.^