Sunday, March 06, 2011

Last Minute Details

Next weekend is the Written in the Stars conference - yay! I'm racing around, trying to do everything humanly possible to make sure I have all my pitch cards typed up, and ready to practice. Next week I'll be devoting my time to practicing reading my pitch, and getting the draft sorted out for Wicked Obsession.

I'm also attending an online workshop this week about the agent's role in digital publishing held by Literary Agent Laurie McLean of Larsen Pomada Literary Agency in San Francisco. (An FF&P hosted workshop)

I'm going to miss a few days toward the end of the workshop as I go into conference, but I'll be back on Monday to catch up on everything I've missed. Whew! I'm very interested in hearing an agent's perspective on the growing digital market and what this means for the author/agent relationship. I also plan to ask all my awkward agenting questions. :*)

This week I'll probably be kind of scarce, but I'll make up for it when I'm back. I have the lovely Paige Tyler coming in on the 10th to blog about her lately book Ghost Hunters, and I plan to have a "post-conference" recap and contest - complete with a nifty prize - once I'm back home.

That's it for now. I better get to work! I have a lot of things to clear off my plate today to prepare for the coming week, and here I am, still in my pajamas. Happy week, everyone...and keep writing! 

1 comment:

  1. Cara Cora i tuoi post sono sempre molto belli ed interessanti. Da Novembre ho un blog. http://ilregnodeleone.blospot.com Pochi giorni fa ho pubblicato un post sul mio progetto su una malattia alimentare chiamata anoressia. Buona giornata Giovanni.

    ReplyDelete

Hi, hi! Comments are appreciated, and I will reciprocate as soon as I can. Friendly conversation is always welcome. Trolls will be set on fire and tossed into the bog of eternal stench. Have a happy day! ~.^