Friday, March 25, 2011

Dreaming of NYC

Last night, I dreamed I was on a paved track at a park with hubby. The sky was kind of hazy gray, but the trees were all super green, the leaves full blown and lush. Although it didn't really look much like it, I thought we were at Cloud Crossing, and I was perfectly contented to be there. I was looking off to my right, at the stoop of this brick building, when my mom walked up to me out of no where, and explained by some manner of telephone tag with my aunt, that I'd won a trip for five to New York City.

I was stunned at first. Then afraid. Then excited. I turned to hubby and told him the news (why he didn't hear it when he was standing right there is beyond me, haha). He looked awfully wary, and after a minute to process the situation, he said, "Honey, I don't know..." And immediately I was disappointed and started thinking about all the arrangements that would have to be made if we were to go.

I thought, I don't even know who I'd take with me. I guess it could be me, hubby, Oldest and Mini, and...who?  I then thought, but Hubster would have to make arrangements regarding work, and someone would have to come over to feed the pooches, and...how would we pay for everything?

Except for that last one, basically, I was thinking like hubby. In waking life, when I want to go somewhere, I make the reservations first and leave the arrangement details down to the last minute. Otherwise, I'd never be able to go anywhere!

I reminded hubby that we'd won the trip - it was already paid for. The hotel, the transportation. All the major expense. All we had to do was show up. He was still...uncertain? Or doubtful? He didn't say anything, but I could feel this, both in him and myself. However, by then, I was already thinking about when we'd make the trip, and what we'd do when we got there. I'd made up my mind, and was determined to go.

That's when I woke up. I'm not sure what it means, but if anyone comes at me with exciting plans to travel north, I'll let you know. ;0)

4 comments:

  1. I'll watch your dogs ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahahaha! Thanks, Linnea! I have to warn you, the divas are very, very spoiled. ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can't be any worse than my 150 pound mastiff that thinks she's a purse dog :P

    But hey...if we're dreaming, then they all get bluberry facials and marble manicures!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love trying to intrepret dreams, but mine are mostly nightmares so we'll leave them alone. lol

    @Linnea, a 150lb Mastiff that thinks she's a purse dog...that cracked me up. I can see that happening.

    ReplyDelete

Hi, hi! Comments are appreciated, and I will reciprocate as soon as I can. Friendly conversation is always welcome. Trolls will be set on fire and tossed into the bog of eternal stench. Have a happy day! ~.^

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.