Tuesday, February 01, 2011

Cora's Picks: Taken by Lilith Saintcrow

I picked up Taken by Lilith Saintcrow a few days ago, and I'm glad I did. What an awesome book! This has to best book I've read from the Nocturne line so far.

From the back of the book: 
He was everything she feared, while she was everything he desired. He would claim her as his. Even if it killed him. 


Sophie never believed she was special. Avoiding a violent ex, she can't remember the last time she truly felt safe. Then vampires murder her best friend and Sophie is kidnapped by a dangerously sexy shape-shifter.


Zach insists that Sophie is a Shaman - someone with a rare gift for taming his savage side - and he needs her to help him save his pack. Now, with a malevolent enemy closing in, Sophie and Zach must risk everything on a bond that may be their only salvation...

Like I said, this is one of the best books Nocturne has published for the line. The blurb truly tells the meat of the story, and I don't want to add a bunch of spoilers that might take away from someone who decides to read the book. If you like shape-shifter stories, you'll probably like this one, but don't expect big cats, or werewolves.

I have to admit, being from the swamplands, I had to Google "carcajou" since it didn't have a clue what that was. Once I saw a picture and figured out it's a wolverine, I went back to the book and read it in one sitting.

The characters in Taken are well crafted and really drew me into the story. Sophie is vulnerable, but also capable. I like that a lot. Zach is my new favorite hero from the Nocturne line. He's a perfect balance of alpha, and a desire to be free from that level of responsibility. These two characters make a perfect fit, not like some books that have you wondering how the hero and heroine are going to last. Sophie and Zach truly seem made for each other, and that makes the happily ever after so much sweeter. If you're a fan of Harlequin Nocturne or shape-shifters, I highly recommend Taken.

www.eHarelquin.com has an excerpt for this book if you're interested, you can also purchase the book on the  same page: http://www.eharlequin.com/storeitem.html?iid=23069

2 comments:

  1. Oh! That's the one you mentioned last night. I tried to find it but none of the chain bookstores in my area seem to carry the Nocturne line. To get one, I have to go to Walmart which I hate to do since I waste gas driving around and around for 25 minutes hoping for a parking space. Oy Vey! lol.

    It does sound good and I may have to order this book.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both of the books you posted look good, my wish list is getting bigger by the minute. lol

    ReplyDelete

Hi, hi! Comments are appreciated, and I will reciprocate as soon as I can. Friendly conversation is always welcome. Trolls will be set on fire and tossed into the bog of eternal stench. Have a happy day! ~.^

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.