Monday, February 28, 2011

Changes, Changes, More Changes

Boy, I tell you what...the Leo moon is going out with a roar, and I'm feeling the effects of it big time.

Everything is coming down to the wire time-wise. Mini has midterm testing this week (yes, in Kindergarten, can you believe it?), and I'm wrapping up the proposal for Wicked Obsession. I still have a list of things to do before the Written in the Stars Conference next week, and it seems like the minute I cross something on my list, something new appears in its place.

Speaking of changes, today the Midnight Moon Cafe blog I share with author Cassandra Curtis is going dark. It will be left up as an archive to all the fun stuff we've done in the past, but we won't be updating it after Feb. 28th, 2011. It's a bittersweet moment, and the end of an age for us both, but we feel it's a necessary move for us so we can focus on our writing.

Of course, I will still be blogging here at my personal blog, Stars Will Cry. So, I'm not going away, just shifting focus, and making it more a point to blog in my own backyard. In the words of Jean-Baptiste Alphonse Karr Plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose. It feels strange right now, but in the long run, I don't think very much will be different from what it is now.

On Tuesday I'm sending out my very last batch of bags, books, and packages for MMC, so if you're expecting something from me, it will be on the way soon. If you have sent me swag in the past 6 months to giveaway, it has likely been used by this point, but rest assured, anything I have left over I'm taking with me to Written in the Stars to put on the giveaway tables.

So there you have it. Yet another big change for me in 2011. Maybe it's because of the current energy and environment, but I have a feeling this won't be the last big change I go through for the year. Whew! The idea is kind of exciting, and kind of nerve wracking at the same time. I'm a big girl, though, I will make it through.

6 comments:

  1. Wicked Obsession, I really like that title!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm really sad to see the MMC blog go dark but glad you are keeping your personal blog open and are on fb.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I admit it feels weird without the MMC, Mary, but there will be more time for us to write now.

    And yes, like you said, my personal blog is still here, Cass has her blog,and we both have pages on facebook. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. MMC was a great blog and must have taken real time to produce. Your career is in a different place now! Time is the hardest thing to find. Best of luck with the changes.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks bunches, Melisse! :*)

    ReplyDelete

Hi, hi! Comments are appreciated, and I will reciprocate as soon as I can. Friendly conversation is always welcome. Trolls will be set on fire and tossed into the bog of eternal stench. Have a happy day! ~.^