Sunday, February 06, 2011

Adding To My Bookshelf


I had a good time book shopping in Monroe yesterday. This coming week I'll take some pictures of the new tarot deck and some of the books I picked up. 

I'm sad to say I didn't pick up any fiction or romances. Most of the books are on craft, tarot, or some such thing. Not to say I haven't bought or read romances lately. I've bought three new releases in the past week, all of them were digital editions, Nocturne Bites, so they were in shorter lengths - novella and short stories, 5-25k. I like those because I can read them in one sitting. It's hard to read a full novel when you have a busy house, and kidlets or dogs needing attention every five minutes. Whew! Wears me out just thinking about it.

Back to the print books I purchased, I found a copy of Erich Von Daniken's Chariot of the Gods for $6.00 so I picked it up. It's about the ancient aliens theory, which I find highly fascinating, even if I'm skeptical about the whole thing. 

A year or so ago, I watched a documentary (I believe it aired on the History channel) about the concept of ancient aliens. They showed artifacts shaped like rockets, and stone relics that look like critters wearing space suits. Anyway, this book looks really interesting, and I thought if nothing else, it could be great inspiration for a sci-fi romance. Lots of information there you could use to compile a good back story for an alien character. *eyebrow wiggle*

Oh, I also picked up the print copy of Writing Fiction for Dummies that I ordered. So, I've officially bought that book twice, and through it all I've learned not to buy books from Google. The no print or download thing just doesn't work for me. Do I think the book is worth what I paid for it?  Abso-frikkin-lutely. The section about creating a story goal is worth the price of the book. 

I bought a few other books I'll talk about later in the week. The guys just got home, and they're currently Beyblading the dining room. Heh. Mini gets very excited when he wins. LOL They tickle me, the dingbats. 

That's all for now. Off to do a bit of writing, and toward the late evening, a bit of reading. My favorite way to spend a Sunday.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, hi! Comments are appreciated, and I will reciprocate as soon as I can. Friendly conversation is always welcome. Trolls will be set on fire and tossed into the bog of eternal stench. Have a happy day! ~.^