Friday, January 14, 2011

Writing Sprints and the MMC in Awen

Seaside booth at the Book Faire in Awen. (Second Life)

It's about 9:30 a.m., and I'm gearing up for a timed writing with Cassie in Skype. It's been a struggle to get anything accomplished lately, but I'm tossing caution to the wind and making it a goal to have Blaze and Shelby's Werekind story finished by the end of February. I'm still ironing out areas of the plot, but you can count on a very hot book chock full of werewolf lovin'.

Yesterday my brand spanking new copy of GMC: Goal, Motivation, & Conflict by Debra Dixon arrived. If you've ever hesitated to buy from the Gryphon Books website, I can honestly say they are wonderful sellers. There was problem with my first order, and they contacted me right away, and we fixed it. A few days later, my book arrived. Top notch service, no kidding. I  stayed up a little later than I planned to last night, but I was reading through the new book, and then bumped into Cassie in Second Life. 
We have been adding our book excerpts as a library of sorts to the virtual Midnight Moon Cafe at Awen in Second Life. We have worked very hard to build a presence there to reach new readers. Below is a picture of Cassie in her mermaid outfit, and me sitting at the fortune telling table. 

Beneath that picture, is a shot of the Midnight Moon Cafe and our lounge areas.  If you click on the pictures, they should go quite big. I think the sim owners are planning to move us to our own little island, but I'm not 100% sure. I suppose we'll find out when they revamp the island. ^_^



Midnight Moon Cafe in Awen (Bookstacks) - Second Life
So anyway, Hubby drove his Jeep home last night, and he said it's now shifting better than when he first bought it. Yay! That is one less worry off my mind. Now if I can just coast in this comfort zone for a little while...even if only long enough to get a few things done, I'll be super happy.

I guess I should get ready for that writing dash. I have about thirty minutes to pull all my notes together and get Mini settled. They're having some kind of teacher workshop day at the school, so the kids are out. Honestly, I think they needed a time out because those teachers certainly haven't had use of snow days this year. Poor folks. Ah well, I can assure them Mini isn't heartbroken in the least to have to stay home with his old mother. In fact, he's in the den right now watching Despicable Me. LOL!

Happy Friday!

1 comment:

  1. Those pics are terrific! Woohoo! Gotta tell our readers that you did all the work, not moi a'tall. The girl is freakin' brilliant!

    ReplyDelete

Hi, hi! Comments are appreciated, and I will reciprocate as soon as I can. Friendly conversation is always welcome. Trolls will be set on fire and tossed into the bog of eternal stench. Have a happy day! ~.^

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.