Thursday, January 13, 2011

Word Haul

Let's kill zombies!
Another day, another paragraph... I woke up thinking it's Wednesday, but oh well. Today is writing bonanza day, regardless. I have nabbed the portable heater from Mini's room, and I'm settling in for a word haul. Saturday I'm going to meet up with a writing buddy, so I need to have something on paper to take over there with me.

I went into Second Life yesterday to listen to Cassie read from her book Cup of Fate. There were about 18 people there overall, Cassie and me included, which is pretty darn good. Afterward I went over to the Midnight Moon Cafe in Awen to check on things.

Once I logged out, I sorted through some pictures I'd taken in-world over the past few months, and found this one. I didn't realize my avatar's boob was half hanging out of that shirt until last night, but oh well. I like the pic anyway so I'm posting it. That's Cora Waverider holding a board with about 50 nails hammered into the end of it. That was taken Halloween night 2010, and I had just come from killing zombies in the Dunwich. Great fun!

Speaking of SL, Cassie arranged for us to do readings during Horrorfest at Bookstacks...I think in late March?  I'll post more about it as the time gets closer. I'll probably do a reading from Weirdly, or one of my vampire books. We will see. Right now, I'm focused on getting things ready for conference - won't be much longer now.

That's it for now. Off to get some writing accomplished!

2 comments:

  1. You know, don't think me weird, but that was one of the first things I noticed. But you're avatar has attitude. I have to get mine back up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL! I got the shirt as part of an outfit, and half way through the day switched into jeans for zombie killing. It's funny, because I'm very lazy about redressing my avatar. I can go weeks without switching her outfit. And I can totally see how I missed the boob-outage since 90% of the time, I only see the back of my avatar - like when she's walking. lmao I have a Thankgiving picture in this very same shirt too. Hm. I'm going to have to remember to keep checking the frontal view! ^_^

    ReplyDelete

Hi, hi! Comments are appreciated, and I will reciprocate as soon as I can. Friendly conversation is always welcome. Trolls will be set on fire and tossed into the bog of eternal stench. Have a happy day! ~.^