Thursday, January 06, 2011

Make It So

dog


Yesterday I took Oldest over to my parent's house so he could drive my dad's truck up around a cow pasture to learn how to drive. Oldest is 19, and has never showed the slightest interested in driving. The thing is, his recruiter is telling him he's not going to send him off to be liability to the Coast Guard. I tell you, the more I hear out of that man's mouth, the less I like him. It would have been nice to know this would be a problem months ago. He certainly knew about the issue then. He also played around with getting Oldest sworn in, so now he has to retake the ASVAB because his scores are going to expire before he makes it back to Arkansas.

So anyway, about the driving...I took Oldest over there for that, and even though dad says Oldest did fine, he's nervous about getting behind the wheel again. So, I'm going to have to take him in my car, I think. It's small and easy to drive. On Sundays, around 1 in the morning, town is abandoned, so I'm going to teach him how to use the lights and make him drive the loop. If he gets nervous, he can pull over and park. It will also put him in front of a few traffic lights. Oh, gosh, the thought alone is nerve wracking. Wish us luck!

I finished a scene on Blaze's Werekind story about thirty minutes ago. I swear, I have had all kinds of strange offers to go places or things to do lately, and finally I've had to put my foot down and say no. That's, like, #3 on my New Year's resolution list. Learning to say no. So I said no this morning, and it's the first time in several days I've managed to sit down and write a whole scene. I feel accomplished and empowered. :8)

Mini will be home in a few minutes, so I'm going to turn off my computer - another New Year's resolution - and go through the evening routine with him. And maybe watch Resident Evil Afterlife if I can get him to cover his eyes when something freaky happens. I bought the DVD days ago, and haven't had a chance to watch it yet. Once Mini's in bed for the night - around 8pm - I'll come back to write another scene.

I guess I should go put the clothes in the washer now. I don't want anything bugging me when I sit down to watch z-o-m-b-i-e-s...

2 comments:

  1. driving at first was hard for me, I didn't get my license until I was 24. But the more you do it, the easier it is as I'm sure you know.

    I agree with you, you would have thoughtt he recruiter would ahve brought this up months ago.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If Oldest needs help learning,you could send him up here.I have a friend at Kentucky Speedway. If he can manage that, then he'll be ready for the Louisiana traffic cops. lol. Just kidding.

    ReplyDelete

Hi, hi! Comments are appreciated, and I will reciprocate as soon as I can. Friendly conversation is always welcome. Trolls will be set on fire and tossed into the bog of eternal stench. Have a happy day! ~.^