Thursday, January 20, 2011

Feeling Foxy...and Conflict Minefields

Foxy by China Glaze - my new fave!
I spent most of yesterday researching conflicts. I found a very good article called Making a Minefield by Ellen Hartman over at eHarlequin.com and it really shed some light on conflict for me.

Ms. Hartman explains conflict in simple, easy to understand terms so I highly recommend checking that out if you're wondering how to beef up your conflicts. The link above goes directly to the article on the eHarlequin site, so be sure to take a peek if you're looking to read something craft related.

I have a ton of reading to catch up on. I have two books to review for Xcite, and I'm still trying to pull things together for conference in March. I'm also plowing my way through Deb Dixon's GMC, one section at a time. I'm making notes in my writing journal as I go, points to remember. My writing journal is a full sized, hard cover journal with lined pages. Whenever I hear interesting writing advice, etc, I write it in there so all my best notes are in one spot. I'll have to do a post about my writing journal all by itself.

I got the idea for a writing journal from author Judy Christie, who visited my local RWA chapter and brought hers. I thought it was a brilliant way of staying organized, and went right out and got a journal for myself. I like the hard cover journals instead of a spiral notebook because you can then put it on a book shelf and keep the spine nice and neat. Also, there are none of those little paper flecks from tearing pages out of it. (Which is also a personal pet peeve! ^_^)

Today's photo is a picture of my hand. Yay!  Okay, I do have an explanation for that weirdness. I've been oogling the China Glaze Vintage Vixen line of nail polishes since I first saw them in Sally's. I had a few dollars left on the Amazon gift card I got for Christmas and decided to pick up Foxy. It's just like the color sounds, a coppery, fox fur shade of dark, burnished orange. Make no doubt, folks, this polish is gorgeous.

I do believe this is my new favorite nail polish, and that is truly saying something! There are only two other nail colors I have been loyal to over the years, and that is Ruby Pumps, by China Glaze, and Revlon Street Wear in Stain. I bought my first bottle of Revlon Street Wear in the 1990s. The black label version is discontinued in the US, but you can find it on eBay from time to time in the white label, UK version. Anyway, I think Foxy may well take the place of Stain. It's certainly easier to find.

Daylight's burning, and I better get to work. I have much writing and reading to do, and limited time to do it in. Some one start the count down to Friday, okay?  That's as good a motivator as any. ^_^

4 comments:

  1. Cool, thanks for the link, checkin it out

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lemme know what you think! I'm about half way through GMC right now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Okay, I love the nail polish, but I need a decent manicure first. lol. I haven't had a real manicure by a pro in like...nine years I think. Geeze. Anyway, I have my own writing journal crammed full and trying to integrate everything I learned last night with everything I already knew and other stuff I printed out a few years back but never managed to read. Starting over from scratch is a beyotch, I must say. :P

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've been using Revlon nail polish for a long time, then my 19 year old daughter comes home one day with these crazy colors from Wet and Wild and I loved them. I now use all sorts of hot pinks, blue and purple.

    ReplyDelete

Hi, hi! Comments are appreciated, and I will reciprocate as soon as I can. Friendly conversation is always welcome. Trolls will be set on fire and tossed into the bog of eternal stench. Have a happy day! ~.^