Monday, January 31, 2011

Cora's Picks: Slave to the Machine by Aishling Morgan


I'm doing something a little different today. I want to talk about one of the books I've been reading!

I've been so busy with everyday craziness, I haven't been able to take as much time out lately to read solely for pleasure. I downloaded Slave to the Machine by Aishling Morgan from Xcite Books earlier this year, and started reading it right away, but there were so many distractions in my daily life at the time, I decided to put this one down until I could get stuff sorted out. There's nothing worse than picking up a good book and having to put it down to go take care of some willy nilly mess. Know what I mean?

At any rate, I'm glad I waited. Slave to the Machine is one cool, dangerously sexy book!

About Slave to the Machine by Aishling Morgan: 

Waking up from death, Melody J finds her personality has been copied and recreated as a computer game character to satisfy teenage boys. Just like Tomb Raider Lara Croft, Melody J finds herself under the game player’s control, but that’s where the similarities end as she is caught up in games where she must express her sexuality in ways she never could when she was alive.

This is definitely for the adult reader. It reminds me a little of the movie Gamer, with more focus on the cyber/sexual aspect of the storyline. Make no mistake. This book isn't for the faint of heart. It has the word slave in the title for a reason.

I'll be reviewing this book in full over at www.goodreads.com later this week. In the meantime, if this sounds like a book you'd be interested in, you can pick up a copy on Amazon for the Kindle, or you can purchase directly from the publisher here:

http://www.xcitebooks.com/futuristic-scifi/9781906373689.html

Happy Reading!
xxCora

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, hi! Comments are appreciated, and I will reciprocate as soon as I can. Friendly conversation is always welcome. Trolls will be set on fire and tossed into the bog of eternal stench. Have a happy day! ~.^

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.