Sunday, December 26, 2010

The Sunday After Christmas

It's a cold, lazy Sunday. The kids are off in their respective corners doing their own thing, and hubby is in the dining room playing Guild Wars.

I woke up at around 8:30 and grabbed an orange and a Diet Dr. Pepper before running off to my office to sort emails and read for a while. I've read half a dozen contemporaries since the 20th. That's mostly what I did while at the hotel in Arkansas - read paperbacks.

I'm currently reading Dare She Date the Dreamy Doc? by Sarah Morgan on my Sony Pocket. I'm really liking this one, everything from the setting to the characters. This is my first book by Sarah Morgan, and I'll be looking for more from her. I like her writing style. It's very clean, no nonsense writing.

Now that Christmas is over, I'm thinking about the New Year. I know many people who don't make New Year's resolutions, but I do. It's tradition in my family, and something I look forward to every year. For me, New Year is like the reset button on a video game. We all get a do-over, but first you've got to have a plan.

 I'm already planning out my do-list for 2011. One thing for sure: I am going to make it a point to stress less, even if it means cutting stressful things out of my life. When I told hubby about this last night, he agreed that's a good idea. I have been swimming in a sea of stress since early 2010, which was such an awful year for us from the word go. So, stressful things are out the window for 2011. I also plan to sit down and do a thorough assessment of my career goals.

I still have a few days to think about all that. On New Year's Eve we're having dinner with my parents. I'm making a crawfish dressing and probably a green bean casserole. Heh. That's all for now. Hubby's about to take off to the store and I better chase him down and tell him to bring back some coffee creamer!

Happy Sunday, everyone. :o)

8 comments:

  1. I'm with you on the No-Stress boat. I can't afford to be stressed about everything. It's exhausting. Here's to simplifying our lives. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the new look, Cora. I'm with you on the stress. I had hoped 2010 was going to be a good year. So I'm starting over as well. GO 2011!

    I've been reading for three weeks myself, which I rarely do but it's been good. Stirring the creative cauldron.

    Have the best year ever!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm the opposite. Don't really plan anything more than a week ahead and I have just a vague notion of what I'm going to do. I never do resolutions but I do pray for a better year.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is the perfect way to put it, Isy! Simplifying our lives. I need to put a note with something like that above my desk.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Same to you, Marley - have the best year ever! Stirring the creative cauldron...I like that. :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sarah, count me in as also praying for a better year!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I don't make resolutions anymore. If I really want to do soemthing, I'll do it, I don't need to put that kind of pressure on myself. lol

    My doctor has been telling me for years that I need to cut some of the strss in my life, but I keep telling him the only way to do that is to move to the mountains and not tell my family where I've gone! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's the best thing to get together and make a crawfish dressing and a green bean casserole. By the way, why don't you follow our company's website? The link is here, click on best editing services.

    ReplyDelete

Hi, hi! Comments are appreciated, and I will reciprocate as soon as I can. Friendly conversation is always welcome. Trolls will be set on fire and tossed into the bog of eternal stench. Have a happy day! ~.^