Sunday, December 19, 2010

One For the Road

It's official. I'm packed, and Mini is over at my parents. Hubby has set up my brand spanking new phone for me, and for the most part everything is arranged. So, tomorrow morning Oldest and I will be heading out for Little Rock, Arkansas. We won't be back until Wednesday, the 22nd - just in time to finish my Christmas shopping. :P

I'm taking a couple books, my laptop, and the notes for my WIP. Since I can't actually go anywhere with Oldest, I'm going to treat it as a working vacation. If I'm able to blog, I may do that. It will depend on the interwebz connection at the hotel.

I'm currently reading A Cowboy Under the Mistletoe by Cathy Gillen Thacker. I gotta say, this book probably has the best Harlequin American Romance cover I have ever seen. Snow, a ranch style house, a good looking cowboy and Golden Retriever puppies. Very nice job, art department!

I'm liking the story so far, as well. It's Christmasy, but not over the top. I really like the hero in this book too. He's determined, but not pushy. There's something to be said for a little romantic determination. *eyebrow wiggle* I'm hoping to finish this one up before I leave so I can start on something fresh when I get to the hotel. It depends on how late it is before I get all my errands done. Speaking of which, I better go toss all the clothes in the dryer.

That's the skinny for now. Wishing you a wonderful week ahead! :0)

1 comment:

  1. Take care and have a good trip. Hopefully the roads will be free of snow and ice. ((hugs))

    ReplyDelete

Hi, hi! Comments are appreciated, and I will reciprocate as soon as I can. Friendly conversation is always welcome. Trolls will be set on fire and tossed into the bog of eternal stench. Have a happy day! ~.^

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.