Thursday, December 16, 2010

Kindergarten Christmas 2010

Mr. Upside-Down Antlers Himself
Aw, look at that. My very own reindeer puppy. :o)

I surprised Mini at his Kindergarten Christmas party today. He had no idea I was going to be there, but there was no way I was missing his party.

First thing this morning, I went to town and bought three bags of candy, Christmas pencils and erasers, and treat bags to put it all in. Back home, I quickly sorted it all out and stapled the bags. I got through just in time to carry everything to the school.

When Mini saw me, he jumped up. "Mimi!" It was too cute. He was so surprised and happy to see me. He hurried over to hug my legs, so to get him back in his circle, I went and sat with him on the boxcar rug in the "frog car", which is Mini's assigned spot. The other parents in attendance were mostly lined up along the walls. Two were serving, along with the teacher. It was a madhouse in there. I think I was better off sitting with the kids. ^_^ They had a blast with me over there too. They wanted to show me to read off all the tags and candy labels. lol

Mini didn't want to stay if I wasn't staying, so after the party, I took him home with me. He was thrilled to get an early day out. We went home and read his Xmas books, and sorted all the erasers/pencils/toys from the candy, and put everything into separate bowls. I'm amazed at how much stuff the kids ended up bringing home.

Anyway, I had to go back to the school at 4:40 to pick up Mini's report card. It was a mandatory parent/teacher meeting. Apparently, everything is going fine. His score was a 97% so there's not complaining with that. Once back home, I was finally able to kick my shoes off...and cook supper. lol It's okay. Hubby brought home a 16 inch pizza for the oven and everyone was happy with that.

Overall, it was a very good day.  One for the memory books. :o)

2 comments:

  1. Awww, how sweet! I liked going to the school when the class was having a party, I remember those days.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an adorable pic, sugar. Mini looks like he was having a great time at the party with his momma.

    I've got to go shopping tomorrow for Aleah and Bear's presents.

    Wish me luck, it's gonna be crazy at Toys R Us, I just know it. lol.

    ReplyDelete

Hi, hi! Comments are appreciated, and I will reciprocate as soon as I can. Friendly conversation is always welcome. Trolls will be set on fire and tossed into the bog of eternal stench. Have a happy day! ~.^