Friday, December 03, 2010

It's Friday - What are you reading?

It's Friday! Oh gosh, I'm glad to see the end of this week. I'm glad I made it through without only a few bumps, bruises, and scratches.

Earlier in the week we got a call from Oldest's recruiter and he said we needed a specific page from his medical charts, and oh mama, we have been jumping through hoops to try and get it. Oldest can't enlist in the coast guard without it, so for the past few days we have been trying to get the info from his doctor.

 Today we got the call, and Oldest fumbled his way through until I finally took the phone from him. I told the doctor, who is really a peach of a guy, by the way, exactly what we needed. He said the form doesn't exist anymore, or at least it is not in Oldest's chart. I explained to him why Oldest needed it - that he's trying to enlist, and of course he was more than willing to help us get what we needed. Sooo, he is writing a new form, verifying that he can't find the old one, but that Oldest has been fit from that point, since 2003. On Monday, I will go pick that up - I made sure the doctor understood that's when I'd be there - then we'll ship that bit off to the recruiter and we should be done. At least until we have to set up a date to take the ASVAB - again. Oldest took it in high school, but the results are only good for two years. He took it his sophomore year, so by the time he graduated, the results were expired. Ho hum. His score was rockadelic awesome too. Boo.

This afternoon, I'm going to pick up the Snick O' Pea from school, and making a dash to Wally World. I have  got to come up with something for supper. Last night it was sort of every guy for himself. I had sweet potatoes with ham and scallions, but the guys ate the last of the red beans and rice. Maybe a casserole...I'll have to dig through my recipes. Of course, suggestions are always welcome. ;0)

Anyway, we're heading into the weekend, so I'm looking toward a little reading time. I've already posted the books I've read this week in the post below this one. I'm currently reading Smitten, by Janet Evanovich**. I've spot-read this book before, so I already know most of the key points of this book, but it looks like a good one so I'm setting out to read it cover to cover. What about you? What are you currently reading?

**You can buy Smitten, by Janet Evanovich here: Smitten on Amazon.com

4 comments:

  1. I'm reading Seducing the Vampire by Michele Hauf! Pretty good so far...

    Have a great weekend! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, sounds like you have been busy busy. Glad you have a such a wonderful doctor to do this for you.

    I just finished reading The Outlaw Demon Wails by Kim Harrison. It took me much longer than my usual 2-3 hours to read this book because it's so big. But then my hubby kept asking me how to do this and how to do that on the internet. lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooh! That's sitting on my TBR shelf, Lucy, I haven't gotten around to it yet, though. Glad it's off to a good start. :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL Mary, hubbys and kids can always come up with the strangest requests when you have a book in your hand. I think that's a law of the universe or something. ^_^

    ReplyDelete

Hi, hi! Comments are appreciated, and I will reciprocate as soon as I can. Friendly conversation is always welcome. Trolls will be set on fire and tossed into the bog of eternal stench. Have a happy day! ~.^

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.