Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Two Tears In A Bucket

funny pictures of cats with captions
Splish, splish, splish...
Stage one complete! I've note carded all the scenes in my manuscript. Now I can see where my book is broken, and where the loop is in the center of it.

Today I'm straightening out my character's themes. It's all good with the hero, but the heroine needs work. She's a drifter type, now to pin point the real reason behind it. Once I have character arcs for all my characters, I'll be working on nailing down the story theme, and ensuring all my scenes work in that direction. Bit by bit, it will start to come together.

I signed up for a High Concept workshop over at Savvy Authors. It's being held by Lori Wilde and is set to begin on the 20th. I stopped dealing with high concept months ago, because I didn't seem to be getting anything out of it. So, I'm going to assume I'm doing it wrong, and diving in head first. I've learned so much this year by applying myself and buckling down to learn the things I struggle with. So High Concept is up next. Before the year is out, I'd like to find a good theme workshop, and one on hooks.

In about an hour I have to go pick up Minibeast. I am not anticipating the best day ever. They had the Grandparent's Day breakfast up at school this morning. It took some maneuvering to get my parents too go. They are agoraphobic at best. Well, the breakfast went fine, but when they went to leave, Mini didn't want them to go. There was drama and crying. The kids were supposed to go on a field trip directly after the breakfast, and no where in the letter home was it mentioned that the grandparents could go on the field trip too. When Mini saw some grandparents going, he wanted his to go, but my mom has to work, and my dad isn't going anywhere by himself, so that was out. At any rate, this should be interesting. I can't imagine things suddenly got better once they left the school, so I'm prepared for it.

Once I pick him up, I'm coming home to do laundry. It doesn't do me much good to try getting any writing stuff done in the after school hours. It's best to wait until everyone has gone to bed.

2 comments:

  1. I follow your blog on a regular basis and I wanted to tell you how much of an inspiration to me you have been. I'm a stay at home mom with 2 kids, a husband (kid # 3?), 3 cats, and a dog. I've always wanted to write and reading your blog has inspired me. I signed up for some basic courses online last week and attended my first class today. So, I thought that I would take the time now and say Thank You.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks bunches, Sarah. So glad you dropped by to say hi. You're always welcome to come in and chit chat here.

    Congrats on signing up for those classes! :D Truly, that is an investment in yourself you'll never regret.

    ReplyDelete

Hi, hi! Comments are appreciated, and I will reciprocate as soon as I can. Friendly conversation is always welcome. Trolls will be set on fire and tossed into the bog of eternal stench. Have a happy day! ~.^