Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Scheduled and Dreaming

funny pictures-target ackwired
Good luck, Pvt. Kitteh. That squirrel tail is on high alert.
It's almost time to go pick up the little man. After I put him on the bus, I went back to bed, so the day has pretty much swept by. I still can't believe I slept until almost 11. That is so out of character for me. I'm usually up around 6:30-7ish and I stay up until well after everyone is in bed.

I slept hard too. And dreamed very vivid dreams about my grandpa, who died roughly 19 years ago. In the dream it was nighttime, everyone was in bed asleep, and the only light on other than my office was the one going to the bathroom - which is the next door down the hall. I was standing in my office, doing something, I can't remember what, when I heard someone call my name. I turned around and there he was, standing in the doorway to my office, looking just the way I remembered him - wearing yellow-brown coveralls, and a white t-shirt beneath. He wasn't wearing his glasses, and while he still looked "his age", he seemed healthy and in good shape. I saw him and said, "Well, I didn't know you were up and about." And I went over to him and hugged him. Once we hugged, I woke up. It was a very vivid dream. Very realistic.

I guess I was just tired. Or I'm coming down with something. I'm paranoid about that since I saw a friend waiting in line at the pharmacy yesterday. She looked like someone had run her down with a truck then sprayed her with a water hose. Poor thing.

Her kids have some kind of ick, and oh gosh, if it's going around Mini is sure to end up with it. And after Mini, I'm usually the next to fall. Meh.

Anyway, I've been working hard on getting this WIP pulled apart so I can do a thorough write-in. I'm going slow with it because I only want to do this thing once. I have the full thing note carded now, and I've broken down the theme of all my characters. One of them surprised me a bit, too. The heroine's father, who the heroine isn't close to in the book. I love the dynamic going on with the, as brief as it is. I'm going to do a full theme sheet for the heroine since she is the most complex. Once I have her all spruced up, I'll be moving on. Next up, noting all the things missing from the book (according to my note cards) and writing the quickie, fill in scenes.

Onto other writerly things... I've about go all the info I need for my October Bootcamp worksheet. I've got to narrow it all down so I can print it up on one, double sided page. Then I have to go make copies. I also have to print up a handful of Bootcamp fliers to post around town and to pass off to hubby. He's going to post them in the little towns he has to travel through on his way to work. The guy is all aces, I tell you what.

It's looking like October is going to be nuts with all the stuff to do. I'm taking a workshop on High Concept over at Savvy Authors on starting Sept. 20th, and that will run all the way to October 3rd. Once that wraps up, I'm staring Lori Wilde's Plotting From Theme workshop, which will run from October 4th, through the 29th. During all this, the Midnight Moon Cafe has it's annual October bash, the Bootcamp is on the 9th, Connection is coming out on October 25th, and my hubby and I will be celebrating our 20th wedding anniversary on October 27th. Never mind Halloween, who has the time? Whew!

A woman on Second Life asked me to do a book reading at her Sim around the end of October, but I'm thinking that will have to wait until early November. I don't think I'll have time to plan for anything until then. If I give it a small breather, I won't feel as harried to pull together excerpts and virtual note cards to give out. Maybe I can take the time to make a gift shirt or something else for the event, too.

That's all for now. I gotta get changed into some jeans before I go pick up Minibeast. Once we're back, we'll prolly play a game of CandyLand before I tackle the laundry. So much to do, so little time...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, hi! Comments are appreciated, and I will reciprocate as soon as I can. Friendly conversation is always welcome. Trolls will be set on fire and tossed into the bog of eternal stench. Have a happy day! ~.^

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.