Thursday, September 09, 2010

Release date for Connection

How exciting is this! The book blurb page is now up on the Ellora's Cave website for my upcoming story Connectionand I've been assigned a release date for 10/25/10!  I'm snoopy dancing all over the place.

Oh, and I have a thumbnail on the Coming Soon page at EC, too. I had to get a screen capture of that. ;0) Yeah, I print and save all that stuff. I'm sentimental, what can I say?

This afternoon I have to run to the store and buy groceries. Ugh. I hate grocery shopping but we're down to a 1/2 gallon of milk and a few eggs. We are out of everything. The pantry and the freezer is bare. It's been a long time since the stockpile got this low. Must fix that or we won't be having supper tonight. Once I pick Mini up from school, we'll run straight to the store. It makes for a hectic evening, but at least we won't be hungry. I'm just crossing my fingers we don't get to the store and have to do crazy cart maneuvers to get around the people who use the store as a social site. You know what I'm talking about?  Like the family of 8 people standing around chatting in front of the freezer case where the milk is because they can't be assed to call their family during the week?  Right. So they have a family reunion in the middle of the store, and won't move for the people who are actually shopping. Gotta love it! (Or not really.)

Tonight I have to start working on a print sheet to giveaway at my local RWA chapter boot camp in October. It's going to be e-publishing basics - what e-publishing is, and what it isn't. Also, what to expect from the process, etc. It's a bit nerve wracking to write up print sheets. I do so much better with fiction. I know, I know... I ken do eet! 

Oh, gosh, and I almost forgot...speaking of RWA, I have a chapter meeting this weekend. Sheesh, I've had people ask me about it dozens of times this week if I can go. I'm still trying to whittle down all my stuff. If I made a list, I'd probably cry. I know it pisses people off when they want to ride with you and you don't know right then and there if you're going, but I honestly won't know until last minute if I'll be able to make this one. There's just too much going on with home, family, writing, promo, business...It's unreal. But I'm working at it bit by bit.

That's all for now. I need to rush off and get a few errands cared for now so I can work on my book tonight. I hope you all have a happy Thursday!

4 comments:

  1. Woot! I'm marking out that date on our MMC calendar and calling it Connections Day! Wee!

    Heading out for Florida, so see ya when I get back! ((hugs))
    C.C.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are crazy busy! Wow, I don't know how you keep your energy up to get it all done. Can't wait for the next book! Woohooo!

    Ya know, I seriously hate going grocery shopping. I know exactly what you are talking about when people stop to talk to each other right in the middle of the isles and won't move. So irritating!

    I like to go shopping at midnight...lol There's no one else in the store. But I live in Vegas where everything is open 24/7. I don't know if stores where you live are open that late.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You and Carol have a good time in Florida, hon. Y'all drive safe! ((hugs))

    ReplyDelete
  4. Shopping at midnight - that's brilliant, Mary! I have insomnia, so that would be perfect.

    It's very a slow small town here, though. We have a 24/7 Circle K, and in a pinch, someone can drive to Ruston where the Super Walmart stays open 24/7. Yep, that's really all there is out here. ^_^

    ReplyDelete

Hi, hi! Comments are appreciated, and I will reciprocate as soon as I can. Friendly conversation is always welcome. Trolls will be set on fire and tossed into the bog of eternal stench. Have a happy day! ~.^

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.