Thursday, September 02, 2010

Milestones: 1st time Snagglepuss

Beastie Bear lost his first tooth! You can already see the permanent tooth behind the gap. :} It was a bloody mess, and we were in the middle of eating dinner, but once the drama passed and the tooth actually came out, he was thrilled. Go Mini! ^_^

We followed up the snaggle-tooth fun with a photo shoot of the gap. I'm going to print up a couple snapshots to take to my dad. He'll love it. lol Mini is such a camera ham. I'm taking full advantage of it while it lasts.

Today I took out my 89k futuristic erotic romance and I started going through the scenes. Basically, I'm getting it ready for revisions/rewrites. I am so creatively blocked right now, I can barely string two sentences together, so instead I'm going to work on one of the manuscripts I finished but never went back to clean up. I have three of those sitting in my desk drawer right now. One is a short, and the other two are full novels. I have so much to do in September, I'm going to take a break from writing new material. Maybe by the end of the year I'll have this futuristic polished enough for EC. It's certainly sexy enough.

This weekend, I have to go over a few entries for an RWA chapter contest I agreed to help judge. I'm published in the particular genre they needed more for, so I felt comfortable taking it on. On top of that,  a day or so ago, I agreed to be part of the business panel for the Nola Stars October Bootcamp. I'm going to be on tap of digital publishing questions, so I need to start planning for that as well.

It seems like the end of the year is going to be far, far busier than the beginning. Hubby and I have our anniversary coming up next month, and hubby has already put in for a week off. I think we agreed to take a trip to Oklahoma. And if I'm not mistaken, Mom is coming over to pick up Mini tomorrow after school. My parents are going to Texas and taking the Mini Mite with them. My grandma has been asking to see him. She's seen him once since he was born, and that was back when he was crawling. Mom and I planned to take the boys over there last year, but Gram's been too sick to weather much company. So, the parentals are taking him there while she's feeling strong enough to visit.

That's all for now. I have chapters to sort. Joy, right?  Happy Thursday, everyone.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, hi! Comments are appreciated, and I will reciprocate as soon as I can. Friendly conversation is always welcome. Trolls will be set on fire and tossed into the bog of eternal stench. Have a happy day! ~.^