Monday, September 13, 2010

Cyber Vampires...and Handbags

My very first cover for Ellora's Cave has arrived, and if it were a tangible physical object I would carry it everywhere and give it kisses. *mwah, mwah*

About CONNECTION:

Gage is a cyber vamp, an AI being who feeds off energy, sexual and otherwise. Kiri loves that they can feel each other’s pleasure during sex…during those electric moments when Gage slips his fangs into her neck ports.

Kiri knew from the start Gage wanted a no-strings relationship. But she hadn’t realized his bite would grant him full access to her heart. Didn’t count on being so lost to pleasure that she lets loose her innermost desire. Now Gage knows her secret, and Kiri can’t bring herself to face him.

But Gage has a secret of his own. He’s found more than sexual satisfaction with Kiri. He’s discovered the ultimate connection—and he’ll prove it the second he’s back in her bed.

The book is schedule to be released on October 25th. Expect some fun contests coming soon, both here and at the Midnight Moon Cafe, to celebrate my first futuristic romance. 


Books aside, I hope you had a fun weekend. I took Oldest to the optometrist on Saturday, only to find out the doctor wasn't able to be there. We even called in advance. Cripes. So, after a quick jaunt around the mall, I drove us all the way back to Ruston and we went to an optometrist there. 

I was kind of worried they wouldn't even talk to us since he didn't have an appointment there, but they looked at Oldest's glasses and determined they couldn't take the lenses and put them into a new pair of frames. I think that's kinda BS, since I've had an optometrist do that for me before at the same center. Maybe they got rid of the equipment. Who knows?  And really, why offer to replace frames when they can nail you for $80 a lens, the $60 exam, and a $100 for pair of frames. Let me just say, business sense sucks sometimes. 

At any rate, Oldest and I had a good time just hanging out. He's not one of those kids embarrassed by his parents thankfully. He found a pair of bondage pants he wanted from Hot Topic. He needed a few bucks to have enough, so he found me and we went in together. He's dragging me through the store - "You gotta see these, mom." It's okay, because ten minutes later, I was dragging him through Dillards - "Ooh, handbags!"  Lemme just say, he's a really good sport when it comes to girl-stuff shopping. 

He has another appointment for this coming Saturday. I went ahead and scheduled an appointment for me too. Two in one fell swoop. I haven't had an eye exam or my glasses changed since 2000. Um, yeah. It's time. The frames are holding up, but they're getting a little rickety. I'm going to replace my gold frames this pair from Baby Phat.  I love tortoise shell. I have gold now, but the pair I had before this was amber tortoise shell. I'm reverting, I guess. ;0)

Oh, and I did get a handbag over at Dillards. A cute Fossil Kenya zip top bag in mustard yellow. It was on sale. I picked up a new credit card wallet, too. The one I had, I've been carrying it since 1994. Hahahaha! Ripped seams, cracked fake leather, cracked picture windows.Yep, it was pretty beat up [cough, cough]. But man did it last! I was kinda sad to retire it. They just don't make 'em like that anymore. *waggles cane* 

That's pretty much the story of my weekend. That, and Hubby is trying to quit smoking again. I have no idea how this week is going to go. I quit smoking 10 years ago and never looked back. He has really struggled with it. He quit twice for about six months, but then he'd go on a stress rampage and run for the cigarettes. He's done the Chantrix thing, which gave him freaky nightmares. This time he's trying the lozenges. He said they taste like wet snails, but what can you do?  It's not going to be easy for the poor guy, but he has my support 100%. 

I suppose I should get going on my manuscript. I've gotten it chopped in half right now. I've mended the broken bones in the first half, now to tackle part two. Once I get all this straightened out, I can start writing in the missing bits. What a chore this is shaping up to be!

4 comments:

  1. Some of my two favorite things rolled into one! Very nice!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool beans! Thanks bunches! ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on the EC release, many happy sales!

    ReplyDelete

Hi, hi! Comments are appreciated, and I will reciprocate as soon as I can. Friendly conversation is always welcome. Trolls will be set on fire and tossed into the bog of eternal stench. Have a happy day! ~.^