Saturday, July 03, 2010

Tuna Salad Recipe For Danielle

Danielle, I finally have a few minutes to sit down and write out this tuna salad recipe you wanted. I don't really measure my food in the kitchen, it's all kind of guessed at the amount and tossed in. I hope you like it. :0)


  • Prep a side salad of shredded lettuce and chopped cherry tomatoes.



  • To make the tuna salad base:  


1-2 cans of tuna fish, or tuna chunks
add in mayonnaise until creamy - about 1/2 cup
add in mustard to your taste -I use about 1/4 a cup
add a pinch of garlic salt


  • Mix in the following with a fork: 

4 boiled, peeled and chopped eggs
1/4 cup of cubed Colby / Monterey jack cheese - whatever cheese you like
(or you can sprinkle on shredded cheese if that's what you've got - I toss in whatever we have)
1/8 cup of fine chopped onion
2 chopped dill pickles

Once it's all mixed, spoon it onto the lettuce and tomato and sprinkle black pepper over the top. Or just do like my kids and hubby do and make sandwiches out of it. ;0) As for pepper and seasoning, we sprinkle Slap Ya Mama Cajun seasoning over the top of it, but I don't think it's available everywhere.


Oh, hey, just for the sake of saying so, by the time you mix everything in, it's going to be chunky, but it shouldn't be thick or dry. If it does seem a little dry, add more mayo. It should spread easily onto bread if you're making a sandwich.

3 comments:

  1. OMG! Slap Ya Mama? rofl. No, I don't think that seasoning is anywhere in my vicinity or I'd have already peed my pants in the grocery aisle, laughing my ass off. :P

    I may have to send you some $$ love so you can buy me a tube of the stuff. lol. Hope your day is going better than the last couple. Love and hugs, CC

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sounds great, I've never added cheese to my tuna salad before.

    ReplyDelete
  3. sorry i m late:-)

    thank you for sharing this:-) i so will try that one sounds really yummy:-)

    ReplyDelete

Hi, hi! Comments are appreciated, and I will reciprocate as soon as I can. Friendly conversation is always welcome. Trolls will be set on fire and tossed into the bog of eternal stench. Have a happy day! ~.^