Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Thoughts Of A Domesticated Diva

You wanted mouse, I catched a mouse.  You may thank me now wif cuddles and noms.


Yesterday I went grocery shopping, and I put a super-special ingredient on my list I don't usually buy: cocoa powder. Someone on twitter - I can't find the tweet again, or I'd credit it - posted a link to a mug cake


The link above isn't the same as the one I saw on twitter, because as I said - I can't find it again. But the gist is the same: you mix up all the ingredients and nuke it for three minutes. I made this recipe in a bowl instead of a mug, since the cake is supposed to rise over the top. I figured a bowl would make for less mess, and I was happy with the result. Great cake, no mess. 


Oldest loved the cake too, despite the fact I made it with Splenda and rice flour (instead of sugar and all purpose flour - stuff I can't have). This stuff is chocolate evilness. Totally worth a look!


The guys are kinda bummed, hubby especially, since we're really having to tighten the purse strings. Grocery dollars are shrinking, and food prices are going up. The cost of filling up the cars is just outrageous. And that's just the start of it. The guys are very ho hum, and I'm in utter Stressville because school starts for Mini in August. Tell you what, I'm stocking up on the chocolate NOW. I'm going to probably have a complete breakdown that first day of kindergarten. *_*


The school is doing something very weird this year, too. All the boys attend school on the 23rd, and all the girls on the 24th. The first day of actual school is the 25th. I've never heard of such, and I keep wondering why they'd do that sort of thing. Some weird new orientation? As if we didn't have enough to worry about already....


Anyway, that's just a few of things on my mind right now. That, and the werewolves. The current story coming along, albeit slowly. I can't seem to get it together on this one, and it's frustrating for me because the story is so simple. Stress is a lot of the problem, but I don't see that going anyway any time soon, so I've gotta snap out of it and get this sucker written. Someone care to crack the whip? 


That's it for now. I hope you have a lovely Wednesday. :0)





4 comments:

  1. I love anything chocolate! I'll have to try that recipe.

    Oh, first day of Kindergarten. I remember that day. I think sometimes it's harder on the parents (mommy) than it is on the kids. My daughter was all happy and excited and I was the stressed out one. She loved it though.

    I sure do feel you on the tightening the food budgets strings. I think a lot of us are doing just that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey girl! Yep, I bought cocoa powder so I could try that recipe, too! lol.

    ((hugs)) on the tightening purse/budget. I waaay overspent at Costco the other day, but I figure everything I bought is enormous sized and should last a while, so I don't feel too bad about it.

    You need to find the nearest Costco and save up for a shopping trip. That's what I do. ((hugs))

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mary, I started out okay on Oldest's first day, but I was nervous. And it did end up being a disaster, so I think that's part of being so nervous about Mini's first day.

    Then again, Mini went to pre-K, so it's not like I'm tossing him out there with no school-like experience at all. I think I'll just be glad when it's all over. LOL

    I'm going to stock up on chocolate for that day just in case. ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cass, y'all have got to try that recipe. I'm not kidding - some of the best chocolate cake. Very moist. Good stuff!

    Ugh, yeah, tightening of the purse strings.... :/ I've got to call our SamsClub and make sure they're doing that free/no membership needed for August. I'm going to haul my mother over there with me for some hardcore shopping.

    ReplyDelete

Hi, hi! Comments are appreciated, and I will reciprocate as soon as I can. Friendly conversation is always welcome. Trolls will be set on fire and tossed into the bog of eternal stench. Have a happy day! ~.^

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.