Saturday, July 24, 2010

Crawling Toward The End



My work table / writing table in Second Life. :*)




Woot! My werewolf story is finally winding down. As simple as it is, it feels like I've been fighting with this book for an eternity. Right now it's sitting at roughly 7k, but no telling where the final count will end up when I've gone through this thing is pruned, fixed, and polished. I'm guessing at around 10k. I'm not going to shake a stick at that. 

This story has literally come together bit by bit. I'd write two paragraphs and stop. Two more paragraphs and stop again. These daily stresses have been taking it out of me, I tell ya what! 

Despite it all, I think the story is going to be a good one. I wouldn't bother polishing it if I didn't think it wouldn't make for a good reading experience. Oh, and by the way, this is Blaze's story, I'm finishing up. If you don't know who I mean, check out Dominant Territory. He was a character in that book. This book also has characters from Under A Midnight Moon in it, which is a free for downloading over at Smashwords

Overall, I'm happy with the characterization, and the story/plot itself is sound. It was just hard to drag this one out of the old brain and into Word. :0) After all this, I'm gonna have to think hard on a title, because I don't think the working title is going to cut it. I was browsing the Kindle store on Amazon yesterday for books to download, and came across a book with nearly the same title. Yikes!

All that aside, tonight after the MMC chat (which starts at 9pm CST/10 EST) I've got to go back and iron out some of the fine details in the story. Gotta make sure I've got the characters in the right pack and town, and all that jazz.  I'll also be chronicling my entire Werekind series into a journal, because I've got a really big book for this series up my sleeve. 

So that's about it for now. Just happy dancing that I'm so close to the end. *deep breath of relief* I hope you're all having a fantastic weekend. In case you drop by - see you at the chat. :0)

2 comments:

  1. Fantastic, Cora. Hope you get it submitted soon. The new blog is looking good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on making it so close to the end. That's always a great feeling!

    ReplyDelete

Hi, hi! Comments are appreciated, and I will reciprocate as soon as I can. Friendly conversation is always welcome. Trolls will be set on fire and tossed into the bog of eternal stench. Have a happy day! ~.^

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.