Tuesday, July 06, 2010

Clear A Path

Tivoli11


Gorgeous photo by costiflorea. Photo links courtesy of webshots.



It's almost 11pm. Normally I'd be digging into a writing project right now while the house is quiet, but I've caught Mini Bear's case of ick. I took a dose of Pepto a few minutes ago, and now I'm mostly trying to wait it out. If I can just hold down liquids until I feel less puke-tastic, I'll go on back to bed. 


I tell you, we've been through it over the past few days with this crud. Hubster came in from work on Friday and he wasn't feeling well then. It blossomed the next morning into a full blown sick/virus throwing up, chills, fever kind of thing. Mini caught it from him. Now me. *sob* I'm holding out hope that it totally skips Oldest altogether, because he is usually the harbinger of it cycling through the house again. 

Overall it's been a productive day. I almost have the vampire proposal ready. It would be done if I'd just leave well enough alone, but apparently I'm too stubborn for that. I had to go and add a character in when I'm trying to get the chapters sorted and polished. Like a crazy nut, I decided to change the ending of the entire book last minute, so the synopsis is taking a little more effort than I thought it might. The story will be better for it in the long run, though, so I guess I shouldn't complain.


And too, I know this would all be so much easier if I felt better, so I'm not pushing it too hard. I don't want to write the book into a hole I can't pull it out of. I'd like to pull out of all this in the end with a few brain cells to spare.


So that's the state of things at the moment. Harried...and sick. Ah well, tomorrow's a new day. I hope you're all feeling fit and happy. I'm off to lounge on the couch and try to rest. Night, night everyone. :0)

2 comments:

  1. I hope you're feeling better, sugar. ((hugs)) I know what it's like and I don't envy you. The ickies are the worst.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete

Hi, hi! Comments are appreciated, and I will reciprocate as soon as I can. Friendly conversation is always welcome. Trolls will be set on fire and tossed into the bog of eternal stench. Have a happy day! ~.^